Saturday, January 10, 2009

Scrap to lose challenge

Ok quickie post today ...I have a zillion little projects I need to get done on topof laundry and normal everyday family stuff ( Oh why oh why do kids have to eat? Pouty )

Anyway , I am sure I have mentioned before that I belong to a wonderful group on Sparkpeople. They have weekly challenges that I am hoping to paticipate in more on a regular basis. So the first one of the year was to scrap using a white background and only 2 different colors. Well here is my page. It is Thanksgiving of 06 when myhubby deployed and so I went to my grandmothers to be with family!





Then there is this one that I did. I really struggled with this page because I hated this particular deployment. Not that one is ever good, but I realized as far as years went 06/07 left a bitterness in my heart that I am still trying to get over.



You know one day I will find a good spot for me to take good pics of my pages for all to see. Ohh and don't forget I have blog candy here.


Photobucket





10 comments:

Denice said...

I love these LO's, they are so heartfelt! I'm voting for you!

Queenie Jeannie said...

That's a beautiful page hun. Have to admit I am kinda teary-eyes, and lump-throated because I SO KNOW exactly what you mean and what you go through as an Army wife. It's just so damn hard sometimes and people who haven't lived it just don't get it.

Why is it that soldiers have to be so damn hot anyway????

Love you my friend!!!!

Michele said...

Awesome pages!! Love the dog tags with the heart on them! TFS!

Amber said...

love the layouts girly ! am glad that you are scrappin again ! hugs !

AndreaLeigh said...

pretty! love the flowers you used.

Susie said...

Great layouts I love them!!!

Kathy W said...

wonderful pages and layout design- and hopefully they will bring back good memories too later in life.

Leona said...

I love the LO's they are so pretty i love the colours you have used also....

Bridgett Owens said...

These are great pages! I am excited to see your participating in the challenge and hope it continues to inspire you to create! I love that we don't always have to scrap about the fun and lighter moments in life. It's more personal and true-to-life to scrap events that hurt and even anger us because it lets future generations see that we have faced things that weren't easy and shows how we coped.
Hugs,
Bridgett

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful pages. I have some pictures that will be hard to scrap too, although I have never been in your shoes - My family appreciates all of the sacrifices your family has made for our freedoms! hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails