Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Scraptastic Tuesdays

I am not sure if I have told you guys yet or not but my friend Bridgett is a demo for The Angel Company. Well she wanted to start doing stamptacular tuesdays again but as a challenge using one set for the entire month and using it in other ways then just cards. Don't get me wrong I will probably still use them for cards for this challenge but I am gonna try reallllllly hard not to. Roll There aren't any prizes for this go around but I think she is trying to do like a blog hop of angels so the ideas keep flowing.
Well this months stamp set in called An udder birthday. And here is my chipboard hinged frame.

I used some chipboard coasters I swiped from a lunch at Chili's (shhhhhh). They were thin so I used modge podge to glue 2 of them together. I covered them with cardstock again using modge podge. and set them under something heavy to dry. While I waited for the chipboard to dry I pained my star using Lemon and Wheat paints from Making Memories. and set that aside to dry. I used a zig writer in navy to make my borders and applied my architexture hinge from Ek Success on the back.
Using the lemon paint again I used Making Memories foam stamps to spell out the name ad let that side dry while I added the PP by Psx ,photo corners by chatterbox , and the photo compliments of my friend Cynthia! I added wheat to the outline of the letters with my zig writer. Stamped out the image and colored it in using Su watercolor crayons and the stars using a glitter gel pen.
There's the instructions in a nutshell.
So hop on over to Bridgett's corner of bloggyland and see what she came up with. I got a sneak peek and let me tell you I thought it was adorable.

Photobucket




19 comments:

Unknown said...

that is beautiful! you are so clever and crafty... i wish i could do stuff like that!!!

Amber said...

great job girly i loved it when u showed me the other day !

Bridgett Owens said...

This is such a wonderful photo frame! You really outdid yourself!!!! Thank you for playing along. So what are we making next week?
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I love this set!

Christina

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! I love it!

Chrissy D said...

Christina, these are WONDERFUL! I love this. It would make a great grandparent gift too! TFS!

Kathy W said...

very cute!!!

Casii said...

So cute! (I sneak those restaurant coasters too, hey, they push them on us, don't they?)

Denice said...

Adorable frame, and that stamp set is just too cute! Love how you used the water color pencils too!

AndreaLeigh said...

adorable!

Knit Purl Gurl said...

LOVE it!!! I need to get back to papercrafting this year! It's been so long... then I come across awesome scrappers and crafters like yourself and I get inspired to pick up the Mod Podge and pinking shears!

Anonymous said...

How adorable is that???!!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This is so sweet. Great job!

Queenie Jeannie said...

So stinkin' cute! I can't believe you go through all that work though. It would make me crazy!!! But then again, I don't have all that cutesy stuff either, lol!

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Oh this is so cute! what a lovely idea for coasters!

Julie

Unknown said...

Lovley, what a happy baby, adorable

Mama Wheaton said...

Came over from SITS. You are so creative!

Kerry D-C said...

This is fantastic! Lucas is super cute too!

Wendy G. said...

This is just darling! (I was going to comment on it a few days ago, but one of my daughters insisted on my attention...)

Saw in my google reader your quilt pictures, but they're not showing up on your blog, so i'm guessing you took them down (the reader sometimes keeps pictures up that have been taken down)...the quilt looks beautiful! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails