Monday, January 5, 2009

Magical Monday and blog candy

What is it about the silence of a house the first day when kids go back to school? I don't want to break it. It is enevitable as my husband will be coming in from PT soon and wreaking the house I have straightened up once already. But for now it's just me and my clackty clack of the keyboard. No fighting about what the girls want to do to occupy themselves, no tv, no radio , NO FLIPPIN XBOX! (ok so maybe the xbox s unfair as I am the one who got it for hubby for Christmas but after hearing nothing but that the last two weekends and most days since Christmas radiating from my living room I am so over it)
Anyway I want to share with you although it is not quite finished, my present for my grandmothers 80th birthday. I have have always wanted to make my grandmother a quilt with her family on it. Now mind you I have only made 2 or 3 quilts in my entire life and that was over 5 years ago so I am a bit rusty. In the patterned fabric there are hearts handstitched in and squiggles on the sides of the saying that reads A family stitched in love hardly unravels. I am debating as to wheather or not i want everyone to sign it. What do you think?

Now for my surprise. My promised blog candy for my 100+ posts. I know it took me forever to get to, but it is here. I am offering up bazzill bling paper in primary,rubons galore (love them) 18 yards of satin ribbon in white, blue and green, a cute 8x8 cupcake scrap kit (perfect for making cards, bling flowers , some cute buggy chipboard shapes and a fun design your own mug! No stamps this time around as my budget right now does not allow for it, but soon I hope! So here's what you have to do.

1. Post a comment here.
2. For another entry...follow me. If you already follow me, you also get an extra entry. Be sure to come back and leave a separate comment saying that you are a follower!
3. Blog about this week's contest.
4. When you comment you get an entry. When you follow, come back and leave another comment saying you follow me. If you are already a follower, post another comment saying that you are already a follower. When you post about it...come back and leave a third comment saying you did it(with a link to the exact post please) Then I can truly use a random number generator.
5. Contest ends Jan 16th. winner will be announced Jan 17th.
Winner has one week to claim prize or it will be redrawn.
Good Luck!
Photobucket

31 comments:

Unknown said...

what a cute idea!! and i LOVE the sound of a quiet house - i was so disappointed we had a delay this AM! now even hubby hung around late!!!!

Bridgett Owens said...

That quilt is beautiful! I love it! Your grandma is going to be so thrilled with it! You did an amazing job on it.

Your blog candy is awesome! Thanks for offering such a generous prize package. I will let my viewers know about it this week.

Amber said...

Girl u did great on the Quilt I know your Grandma will love it and the work you put into it and what yummy blog candy you have ! I will post a thing on my blog abt it also ! Loves Ya Girly


Hey Stellllllllllllllla ... wheres my groove baby I want it back !

Kathy W said...

what an absolute fabulous and heart-warming gift, she must have loved it!

Amber said...

Haha ive been a follower of you girly from get go ! Cuz I loves u man !

Amber said...

Hey girly i posted a plug about you on my blog and that amazing quilt you did for your grandma !

Sally said...

That is one stunning gift, such a lot of love and devotion has obviously gone into making such a unique gift. I bet she will love it.

Happy New Year to you and yours, I hope it is a good one for you Christina.

Love Sally x x

Denice said...

Your grandmother is going to love that quilt, and that's a fantastic quote you put in the middle of it! You did a great job on it!

Denice said...

I am a follower by choice!

Queenie Jeannie said...

By now I would think I'd stop being amazed by your talent.....but dayum!! That's soooo beautiful hun! Rusty my butt!!! Fantastic job!!!

But don't enter me for your giveaway because I'm so "over" scrapbooking. Once was more than enough for me, lol! I'll leave it to people like you with TALENT!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Awesome quilt! Take a pic of her reaction when you give it to her!!

Before I die I wanna make a quilt in my life. So jealous of ppl that know how to do that! Was it hard to learn?

Anna Banana said...

I really think that the quilt will be treasured for years and years to come - I would sign it if I were you just so as it is passed down throughout the years an an heirloom it will have a better history attached to it!

The Blog Candy is really nice - congrats on your 100+ posts!!! WOO HOO!!
Anna Banana

Anonymous said...

Fantastic gift! She'll love it!

Kerry D-C said...

COngrats on your 100+ posts!! That quilt is GORGEOUS! A truly thoughtful and beautiful gift!
Aaaaahhhh...isn't nice to be alone for a little while again during the day?!

AndreaLeigh said...

what a lovely quilt! i am sure your grandmother will treasure it.

Colleen said...

So impressed by your quilt. What a great gift!

Chrissy D said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Your grandmother is going to love it. I can't sew, so I am in awe!!! :) Great candy too!

Susie said...

Thanks for the chance in winning great blog candy

{{{Hugs}}}

Susie said...

ok I am an offical follower now LOL!!!!

Susie said...

ok now I added you on my side bar of blog candy hope that's ok :-)

Being Honest said...

I love it when the house is quite again. To be completely honest, the first day the kids went back to school, I took a nap.
The quilt you made is beautiful! What a treasure.

Bridgett Owens said...

I follow you, girly!

Bridgett Owens said...

I linked your blog candy from my blog this week!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Denice said...

I just mentioned you and your BLOG CANDY over at my blog! So I'm guessing I'm up for 3 chances to get these little goodies, and I don't know if you know this...but the number 3 is my lucky number!

PaperAddictJenn said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! I finally finished book 4 of the Twilight series--wow, it was great! Thanks for the chance to get blog candy. Have a great day!

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Hey there... the quilt is awesome - so much work and love will be felt in it I am sure! The Blog Candy is pretty... nice! Congrats on reaching 100!

~Karrilee~

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

I am a follower thanks to SparkPeople... and thanks to your creative inspiration too - of course!

Pam said...

Hey there! Just posting (finally) after our move- you've been busy!! LOVE what you've been up to! You are truly inspiring and extremely talented!! Thanks for sharing your corner of the creative world with us!

Pam said...

Just letting you know I'm a follower, too!!

Have a great day!!

Pam said...

I just linked your blog candy on my blog... it's in my latest post- a bit late, but it's there!

Have a great day!!

DGirlLV said...

I am a follower, you do great work!
Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails