Saturday, November 8, 2008

SBS 24 Blog Challenge #6, layout ,& Blog candy

Our challenge for the today was to create a sympathy card. I don't know why but I do not own anything sympathy related. So I scoured splitcoast stampers for an idea and saw this card. Well I changed the colors of course and my camera took a horrible picture, but here is my version.
I kinda had a hard time with this layout because how does one scrap aliens? I mean really? Well I like how it came out and hubby kinda helped. So I called it good.
As I went to type up this blog I noticed in my dashboard that fellow sister Chrissy is having Blog Candy in celebration of 50,000 hits. Wowzers! The power of the internet! So go check out her blog ,leave some love and enjoy!


Thankful 30

Today I am thankful to you my readers. I am glad you keep coming back if you are repeat reader! And I would like to quote Andrea over at My Chihuahua Bites! I could not have put it in better words. She too is having a 100th post celebration so head on over and check it out!

I want to give a huge thanks to my readers, those who have been around since the beginning and those who are relatively new to my blog. I wouldn't blog if I felt like no one was reading, so I want to give an special thanks to those who leave me comments. Comments are to bloggers what laughter is to a comedian, I think. Comments give us validation, a feeling we are blogging for a reason, and it inspires us to continue posting. So a huge thank to those of you who take 2 seconds to respond to my posts, no matter how brief the response!


14 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

You are soooo creative!! I think I need to get sick so you can send me a card, lol!

Keep up the great work!

Erin said...

Visting from SITS! You are so very creative! I am a teacher and would LOVE and be spoiled by all your teacher gifts!
Have a great day! : )

Tracy said...

Good morning Christina,
Hope you have a great Sunday!

Chrissy D said...

This is absolutely beautiful Christina! I love your layout! TFS and for stopping by so often and commenting! I appreciate YOU!

Unknown said...

A lovely card christina well done,
And a very nice bright blog you have today

wendie

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU!

Meaghan said...

Don't forget to stop by and get into this weeks giveaway...free coffee :)

www.getthebean.blogspot.com

PaperAddictJenn said...

I love your card!

Denice said...

Do you ever take a day off?!! OMG, more awesome cards and gifts...what teacher wouldn't enjoy a gift like that? TFS!

Bridgett Owens said...

That is a great card. The alien layout is too kewl! Those photos are hilarious!! I like the comments post from Andrea. How true!!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is gorgeous!

Kerry D-C said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful card! Superbly done. Great job with the alien page too!

Sally said...

Great card and layout. Love them both!

Leona said...

Great card a lo... i love them and the card for the challenge is scrummy i need to add ..

Related Posts with Thumbnails