Friday, October 14, 2011

It's my favorite time of year- decorating for Halloween

For me the holiday season starts with the anticipation of Halloween. Horror movies and scary decor were always a staple growing up with my mom. I tend to not go evil spooky but more subtle I guess. This is the best part of our apartment. I have a mantle! Isn't that runner awesome! I won it from Andrea over at My Chihuahua Bites about 2 years ago. (wow has it really been that long? )



I have always wanted a scary mini tree. Some thing I could decorate but nothing ever suited me till this year. I saw this awesome glitter tree in Michael's. 


I didn't like the ornaments they sold with it so I found some smaller ones at Kohl's. The darling witch candles also came from Andrea. She's so awesome.

The group of candles is my daughter Kyla's idea. She picked out everything, the tray, the stones (which have ghosts and bats mixed in ) and well she wanted black candles with webs but I overrode her and went with the purple. Of course I backed it up with my special purple LED lights I had hanging in my old scrap room.


 I usually have the pumpkins set up in September as fall decor and just leave them up through November. I just added the witch and the eek for a fun Halloween look. If you look in the background of the top right you will also see my ghost tealight holder above my window. Glitter pumpkins courtesy of Andrea.


On the opposite end of the counter I have random stuff.  The jackolanterns were a gift from a friend many years ago and the bat and ghost are from a toy store in Germany. Ahhhh Kinderland how I miss thee. The flask was Kyla's doing as well. I am starting to see a trend with this kid. LOL


That's about all my little apartment could handle.  Of course it's probably a good thing for hubby's wallet as well.

Photobucket          




3 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Super cute!! Great job! You have such a flair for decorating!!!

Denice said...

How awesome!! I love how you decorated your mantle and the purple lights are PERFECT!!!

You can come over and decorate for me anytime, you've got a talent for it!

Kathy W said...

wow, I like how your decorations are classy for halloween- must be fun at your house

Related Posts with Thumbnails