Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Evolution

Today I wanted to share a quick project I did to make my room more pretty. I made me new basket liners...

This matches my room now as my old ones were blue with red polka dot trim. I went in search of a picture of the old ones and that got me thinking about the evolution of my scrap room.

Here's what it looked like when we first moved in.... if you want to take the full tour of how that room looked then click here. There are several pics of the old baskets there.

Well then about 10 days after that my husband gave me permission (LOL) to start a makeover in my room as I always wanted purple and there was never anything I liked out there. SO some paint and Walmart loved me and it transformed into this...

Now I have always wanted a table to stamp on because that white one was just flimsy but money just wasn't allowing me to get what I wanted. Months later a friend of mine came through when she got married and combined households with her new spouse and he wanted to keep the chairs , but wasn't sure if someone wanted just a table. Score my 20 dollar table!

My next project was decrappifying my room. I changed all wood mounted stamps to cling, scanned and recycled all my magazines. Making for a ton of room and a lot less weight. In the picture above you can see I am still using that purple dresser and a side table next to my computer, then the 3rd sterelite drawer set under my ribbon. On the shelf you can see all my magazines and idea books taking up the bottom 2 shelves. Below is how it looks right at this moment...
3rd sterelite container, dresser and side table gone, half the idea books and 2 shelves of previously woodmounted stamps. And yes that is all the stamps I have.....


my room walking in from the hall...
Then just because my friend Amber thinks this is funny.....

my paper supply. Yes that is all the cardstock and pattern paper I own. I had a 2 year spending freeze and I went through the amount I had fast. And now that I have caught up with all my scrapbooks and they release new product every year, I figure when I do have pages to do I can always hit a store for the latest and greatest pattern paper and embellishments. Hubby figures it may be cheaper as well. I have to agree because I managed 3 pages you haven't seen yet with just 1 double sided pp, and 2 packages of embellishments. Anywhoo see this is how my mind works...I start with a little thing and make it epic. From rearranging one room to doing the house. From organizing a desk to doing the house again. From a project share to a long huge post. LOL.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Ed said...

Hello Christina, thanks for your encouraging words hun, I appreciate them - last year has been a nightmare to be honest, and although in some respects it was more than perfect, as far as my blog is concerned I'm glad it's over...but I'm back now and send hugs for your comments xx

Queenie Jeannie said...

Looks great Christina!!! You don't have that much more cardstock than I do! Maybe I should get more??? LOL!

Unknown said...

I love your Scrap-room, I know you need to keep the white but it does look nice fresh and bright and all your purples give a nice warmth, you got a good bargain with the table

Kathy W said...

looks awesome and so clean!

Related Posts with Thumbnails