Thursday, January 20, 2011

Eureka!


For the last 3 months I have been feeling like an over grown slug. I was doing so good going to the gym everyday, eating well, loving life. I recently wondered what the heck happened that made me stop caring and gain a ton of weight. I mean there is always a root issue. Then it hit me like a mac truck....it started in October. My friend who was my gym buddy stopped going to the gym. Ok not a major problem I mean after all I do have workout DVDs . Well then she stopped wanting to go to weight watchers because she couldn't get her weight down. Again ok not really anything to do with me. But then I realized it started with the loss of my potential niece or nephew. My brothers life has literally been a mess since then and because I am so close to him I worry...A LOT!

This got me thinking why do I let others issues literally weigh me down? I mean I love my brother sure .I can still be there for him. Why do I take their issues and eat myself into feeling like a 500 pound biggest loser contestant? I don't have an answer but I need to take a big girl pill and stop letting it get to me and stop the cycle of self loathing. It's hard ..very hard. Like I was telling myself this last night stop doing this it's not healthy ,you don't need to be eating everything in sight...all while stuffing down Ritz. Enter the self loathing.....

I need to refocus and it's gonna be hard. I just hope I can find the strength to take the first few steps I know need to be done.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well Babes you have taken the first step by telling us how you feel.
There is nothing wrong with being a caring person who worries about Her family, It a wonderful thing.
Good luck with your weight loss, I know how you feel, I lost 3 1/2 stone and over the last 7 months have put a stone back on, But after the new year and the junk feast that we all go on, I am right back on track to shift that Stone .
I am sure you can do it Christina, And babes some really thin skinny girls are not as nice as you and that counts for a lot

Queenie Jeannie said...

Big hugs and I love you!!!

Something that worked for me was keeping a food journal. If you have to write down every morsel that goes into your mouth...you tend to be careful and make better choices! Who wants to really SEE the whole list if you are having one of "those" days???

One day, one meal at a time. I know you can do this!!!!

Melissa Stinson said...

All I can say, girl, is YOU CAN DO IT!!

Okay, so that's not all I can say, but it's so true. :)

I think everyone has their own ways of dealing with crap. Some eat, and some like me shop (ummmm, yeah, lots of new scrap stuff lately). I think the trick is to find a healthy outlet for your frustrations.

Denice said...

Love the sign, and there are SOOOOOOO many days that I feel just like that too! Wishing you the best on the weight loss...it's hard, but it can be done...we're here to support and encourage you when ever you need it!

:D

Related Posts with Thumbnails