Thursday, April 22, 2010

Something New...

..to share today on Finish it Friday.

A friend of mine took me down to Saledo to a really cheap bead store because she is really into making jewelry. Now my youngest daughter is the one interested in making jewelry. She has been buying the beads and making her own things and even sent a necklace to her Grandma in Montana. Now you moms know ,who are the kids going to turn to when they have a question about something they are doing? YOU! So I figure I better learn how to at least start.
As I was walking into this store feeling all kinds of nerves , I told myself how bad can it be? I enter .... and my jaw dropped. It was like starting to scrapbook again. TOTALLY overwhelming enough for me to take a step back and go WHOA!
I decided to start small and bought some peace sign beads and natural seed beads to go with it.
I came home and proceeded to make 4 bracelets.

I loved it. This may be something that Kyla and I can do together. What do you think?
Photobucket

5 comments:

Kathy W said...

great mom and daughter project, maybe you can put beads on scrapbook pages!

Bridgett Owens said...

I think this is such a wonderful thing to share with your daughter. You should open your own Etsy store! You could make those button rings that are all the rage now, some more bracelets, necklaces, earrings...it would be awesome! I think these bracelets ROCK!

kc_froglady said...

I think this will be a fun project for Rainy Days and Saturday/Sunday afternoons for you and Kyla! I love little bracelets like this and am always looking to add to my collection too (hint hint! LOL)

Unknown said...

They are lovely christina, I have been thinking about giving jewelry makimg a go, but dont know where to start, your first projects are the very god, hope to see some more

Queenie Jeannie said...

Really, really pretty Christina! BRAVO!!! I told Thomas it was a good thing I went into stamping rather than jewelry making or we'd be even poorer, lol!!!! I don't even want to try it because it looks like something I'd love to do!

Related Posts with Thumbnails