Saturday, August 15, 2009

Card challenge sunday

I only have 2 cards to show you this weekend as time was just not on my side at all to get these scheduled.
First I have for you the Mojo monday sketch...
And here is my card. I wanted to capture the brightness of the papers as well as a feel of something silly. This totally fits me...but is going to be sent on else where.
Now the second challenge was my SBS group whose theme was beach. I have to say a HUGE thank you to Karen from the group who had sent me this image in a prize package from her blog. I have no and I mean no beach type items in my stash. Well not stamped anyway. And I was not going to do it until I ran across this. Thank you Karen you saved me on that one.
I love the feel of this stamp. It feels so youthful, cheerful and hopeful. Makes we want to go watch people on the beach to catch a glimpse of these youngsters. Well I am exhausted from this week so I am going to go chill out and enjoy my day. I hope you all had an astounding weekend!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

I love this first card! You know that I do!! The bright cheery colors, the sentiment, the paper, the sketch! It's all awesome!

The second card is really sweet! I love it! I think of Javan and Kadesia walking on the beach and walking in the sand laughing at the waves crashing at their feet and splashing each other. You captured all that with this card! Go girl!

Hugs,
Bridgett

Kathy W said...

super adorable cards, I have been debating what to do with mojo monday sketch and just did not do anything!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Wow! Great cards Christina!!! Both are so different, but awesome!! You are such an amazing water colorer!!! And I love the way you layer things.

You are STILL the master, lol!

This weekend really bit the big one. I don't think I've been this stressed out in a longggggg time. It's almost Monday - praise God!

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Gorgeous - as usual!!! I have been slacking in my blog stalking but your too kind comment made me realize I had been missing your posts!!!

Hope you are doing great...
Spark On and Scrap Happy!
~Karrilee~

Denice said...

Both cards are great! Love the sun and love the beach. I like how you used your cuttlebug on the second card, isn't it great how it adds all that fun texture and makes everything look great?!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails