Monday, April 27, 2009

Tuesday's at the Table

Well AndreaLeigh Has been doing this at her blog for some weeks now and I wanted to start adding some recipes to the list! She comes up with some pretty amazing things. I hope I can just keep up!
So my recipe for today is Lime Garlic Chicken with Rice. So pull out the crock pot and lets get started...

1 pkg. bone in chicken thighs (I use thighs and legs, never tried breasts though)
1/4 c. lime juice
1 1/2 c. chicken broth
2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
1/2 t. dried thyme leaves
1/4 t. pepper
1 c. uncooked instant rice

place chicken in slow cooker and add all ingrediants except rice
cover and cook on low setting 8 to 10 hours , during last 15 min of cooking add rice(I always do 30 though, I never chance uncooked rice)

serve chicken over rice with fresh salad or steamed veggies. Even my kids like this one!



Photobucket

7 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

My mouth is watering. I absolutely love chicken and that plate of food looks so good I can almost smell and taste it! mmmm!!! Thanks for sharing. I am definitely going to have to try that!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Lisa said...

I love crock pot cooking. Nothing like coming home and dinner is already cooked! This sounds yummy. I'll have to give it a try!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh yummy!!! Thanks for sharing!!

AndreaLeigh said...

i love crockpot recipes! thanks so much for sharing!

Sara said...

I am all about anything you can throw in a crock pot! It's the next best thing to not cooking at all!

momma said...

i love easy (few ingredient) recipes - especially ones that involve chicken. i'll try it with breast meat.

hmb said...

this sounds awesome!! Need to try it out when hubs gets out of training!

Related Posts with Thumbnails