Monday, April 27, 2009

Tuesday's at the Table

Well AndreaLeigh Has been doing this at her blog for some weeks now and I wanted to start adding some recipes to the list! She comes up with some pretty amazing things. I hope I can just keep up!
So my recipe for today is Lime Garlic Chicken with Rice. So pull out the crock pot and lets get started...

1 pkg. bone in chicken thighs (I use thighs and legs, never tried breasts though)
1/4 c. lime juice
1 1/2 c. chicken broth
2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
1/2 t. dried thyme leaves
1/4 t. pepper
1 c. uncooked instant rice

place chicken in slow cooker and add all ingrediants except rice
cover and cook on low setting 8 to 10 hours , during last 15 min of cooking add rice(I always do 30 though, I never chance uncooked rice)

serve chicken over rice with fresh salad or steamed veggies. Even my kids like this one!



Photobucket
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails