Sunday, April 26, 2009

teen angst

Ok I know its a right of passage for teens. We all had our dark periods. I lived in black and wore anarchy shirts. This is also when I asked for purple hair. But this picture took me by surprise. Is it a artsy thing? Is it a teen angst thing? Do I need to be worried? But it is my son in every sense too as it shows him as he is at this time in his life. That's why I think the overlay is perfect I know its blurry but it says Boys do not grow up gradually they move forward in spurts like the hands of clocks in railway stations. As any mother of a boy knows this is so true one min they are loving dinosaurs then its big boy toys before you know it they are going through this phase. But we love them don't we?
Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wait, he probably wouldn't like the use of the word "cute"...uh...it's....."Cool!"

Kathy W said...

wonderful page, as a mom of boys I so appreciate what you are saying! your projects I missed last week were great- love the diaroma cards you did too!

I like your new header too!

Pam said...

Oh how true this overlay is! You hit the nail on the head there! Although my son is still loving dinosaurs, I do see him starting to *drool* over the big boy things now (he's only 5!!!!), too! Great layout of your son! Love your work!

Denice said...

It's perfect, you made the page all about the picture! Love the journaling on the side of the pic...looks like I'm going to have to stop cropping them and use that empty space!

Carol L said...

Great thoughts of a young man's life put onto paper! Very thought-provoking and true to character, and this will surely be enjoyed years from now after he's moved on to a very different direction once again:) Nice work:)
Carol

Bridgett Owens said...

This is a terrific layout. I like the journaling on the side of the photo, as well. Great title and quote all in one!

dj said...

after reading your comment on my mojo monday card--I stopped by your blog to say thanks and had so much fun reading and looking around I almost forgot to do what I came here to do!! Great blog--so agree with you write up on boys!! I have a 14 year old--boy oh boy!! Anyway thanks for your sweet comments!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails