Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas fun

Contrary to most people's beliefs I have not fallen off the planet. Just having one of those ebbs where the thought of being on the computer makes me wince. I am still on edge and just not in the mood to do a darn thing. Maybe a small bout of depression? ( I have suffered with it since 14 in varying degrees)

Side note I took a blood test on Fri they said I would have the results on that afternoon ,when I called right before closing the lab tech told me to could be 10 days due to my insurance because they had to send it out!
Anyway I have actually been doing some fun christmas stuff! So I thought I would share that today! Here are my kids at my hubby's unit Christmas party. I have a ton of pics from it just not alot of me and the familia because I was designated photographer as someone forgot thier camera. I love the first picture here because this is the first time in years we were able to get my youngest daughter on Santas lap. She is terrified of him because unlike most kids she knows she's a sassy girl and well if Santa knows she's bad why would she want to get a lecture? Or be told she is gonna get coal? So she plays it safe and will not go near Santa. I later found out that hubby told her it was a Santa helper and that's the only reason she agreed to see him.
Here we are doing gingerbread stuff. This is something new this year. We have never done gingerbread anythng so we bought some kits and the kids had a blast. I think I was waiting till they were old enough to do alot of it themselves to enjoy the process.Hubby and Kyla working on a train. WHOO WHOO!
Michelle and I putting up Santa's sleigh.
Finished products

No one wanted to pose with the train. Only Michelle thinks she is Vanna White!
And I bet you are wondering what the heck is going on with that giveaway? Well Hubby has been having to do a range and we are a one car family. When his schedule goes wacky all our schedules go wacky. I have not been able to pick up said fun items and I can only hope they are still available. Maybe if he gets home on time today I can head out!

merry christmas

14 comments:

Unknown said...

what great photos! i really hope you're feeling better and you get good news from your doctor soon :).

AndreaLeigh said...

Glad to see you are back posting. Those gingerbread creations are so pretty!

Knit Purl Gurl said...

Your gingerbread train is so adorable!!! I love the expression in the first picture of the elf's face.. he looks as if to say, "Come on already.. this is SOOOOO boring."

;P

Pam said...

Oh- the gingerbread train looks beautiful!! I haven't ventured into making one of those yet, either, because I fear mine are still just a little too little to concentrate on it... So I know where you're coming from! It looks like you all had fun!! BTW- I'm also praying for you- take care of you and know prayers are coming your way!! Love ya!

Ceal said...

oh how fun! I too can;t seem to get in the spirit. We must remember the true meaning of Christmas and feed our joy

Kathy W said...

great gingerbreads! we just have houses here, need to look for more fun ideas!

Queenie Jeannie said...

WOW!! You guys did a totally terrific job on those!!! I'm so impressed!

We did the house last Christmas and oh my! - it was a "wreck", lol! But we had fun together and that's the important thing right?? Did my package arrive yet???

Denice said...

What a cute story about your "sassy girl" and why she won't sit on Santa's lap! A story to sb maybe?!!

Good to see you taking the time to enjoy the holidays with your family! It looks like everyone was having a great time!

TFS!

Chrissy D said...

Love your train! Take the time to nurse your spirit - I hope you are feeling better! Spending time with your family will help. (((hugs)))

Bridgett Owens said...

I love these photos and what a great time it looks like you all had. The gingerbread creations look AWESOME! I love them!!! I hope you are having a good day today. Thanks for the Christmas card. I love the pictures!!! The card is beautiful. I am going to post all my cards soon to share with everyone!

Heather said...

thos are some great ginger bread creations!

we haven't done much for christmas around here. no decorations yet with our being a new unit, so probably not until next year (after we've been able to hit the after christmas sales for a year).

i love the look on santa's elf's face. he does not look excited to be an elf. :)

Anonymous said...

That gingerbread sleigh is awesome! Where did you find that kit? I did the gingerbread house kit once and it was a pain in the neck trying to get everything to stand up and not crumble over!

Honey Mommy said...

Cute gingerbread train and sleigh! I may have to do gingerbread... when my kids are a little older and can help!

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

How FUN!!! LOVE the story behind the Santa photo... that is TOO funny! (That simply MUST be scrapbooked!)

Your Gingerbread Train & Sleigh look FABULOUS?! We have only made one and it was a school project - but I have toyed with buying a 'kit' just for fun!? They SAY that they are edible - but really?! Do you really eat them?! They are so much work?! LOL!?

Hope you are feeling better... you are in my prayers!
~Karrilee~

Related Posts with Thumbnails