Monday, November 3, 2008

Randomness and the long-windedness it shall bring

Hey everyone thanks for joining the blog in progress! I have not done any crafting the last few days but I have fun new stuff to share! First you will notice on the right a new button to the secrets in the sauce! Well it is a nifty little blog recognition and comment support blog. You add that button on your blog and your blog gets added to a blog roll. They have contests and you can apply to be queen of the day! It's really cool and the only clincher is ...if you look at the blogs added there or you happen to run across a blog with the button you have to leave a comment. Its kinda like being in the Sisterhood! What a great way to increase your traffic huh?


Then fellow sister Ed has given everyone who visits her blog this award! I am copying the rules from her blog so here they are and I am also leaving her comment after the rules. I could not have said it better Ed so I am letting you speak for me LOL!

This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day.The rules to follow are ....1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person that has granted the award and his or her blog link.2) Pass the award to other 15 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment.Remember to contact each of them to let them know they have been chosen for this award.I would like to thank my new blog friend ED for this important award; I am honoured that she has chosen my blog among the 15 blogs to be awarded. Now it is my turn to pass it on to other 15 blogs... this is not an easy task as all the blogs I visit merit this acknowledgment but I have to go by the rules and choose only 15.Now I should choose 15 good and true blogs I visit regularly, well, I can't because there are just so many people who I think should have an award, so instead, I would like EVERYONE who visits my blog to help themselves to this award, and place it on their own blog with my love.


Another fun thing fellow sister Shannon posted on her blog today was this fun little quiz!
You Are Apple Pie
You're the perfect combo of comforting and traditional.
You prefer things the way you've always known them.
You'll admit that you're old fashioned, and you don't see anything wrong with that.
Your tastes and preferences are classic. And classic never goes out of style.

Those who like you crave security.
People can rely on you to be true to yourself - and true to them.
You're loyal, trustworthy, and comfortable in your own skin.
And because of these qualities, you've definitely earned a lot of respect.

I was actually hoping to get Pecan pie as it is the ultimate best pie ever in my humble opinion. Thank goodness I only allow it at Thanksgiving!



Sister Jenn and a few other blogs I know have left this tag so I decided to do it. The tag says for you to put the 4th picture from the 4th folder on your blog. Here is mine!
I guess I had better explain this one LOL. My dad at the time lived in Front Royal,Virginia. To get to a Walmart you had to go to the next closest town (the name escapes me) Well after visiting dad several times and on our weekly trips to Walmart there is this Gas station that has DINOSAURLAND! It started as a gimmick for the old logo for the dinoco gas stations they had a dino made up to stand on the corner. Well it was so popular that they added several more and made a walk around park to visit and learn about dinos. My son loved this because you do not see it everyday... a T Rex eating another dinosaur!?
So what does this teach us? That before you participate in a tag you had better know what's in your folders! I think I will tag anyone who wants to do this it is quite fun and if you do leave a link in my comments I would love to see what you come up with!
And lastly in having conversations the last few days with Bridgett and Amber do you know that Christmas is only 53 days away? That went by way too fast! The reason I even bring it up is that Bridgett sent me this awesome link that I want to share with everyone! It is called Organized Christmas and there are some neat downloadable files on there for master gift lists , card address lists and other things so that you can make yourself a ultimate Christmas organizer so you can be the most well planned and organized Christmas person out there ...well along with the rest of those that use it! If you made it this far into the blog I thank you for bearing with me. I wish I had something to give to all but all I can give is my Heartfelt thanks and love!



3 comments:

Heather said...

Welcome to the SITStahood!!

Kathy W said...

lots of good info today Christina~

Ed said...

Welcome to the award with my love Christina, it is well deserved.

Related Posts with Thumbnails