Friday, November 21, 2008

Dear Designers

OK I get looking good and wanting to look good. I get giving woman a woman confidence beyond what she might be capable of.What I don't get THE 200 DOLLAR PRICE TAG TO GO WITH IT! I mean really what the hell? I know the 14 inches of fabric you used to cover my nether regions couldn't have cost at the most 10 dollars a yard , and even good thread might cost 3 bucks. Please explain the insanity. And while I am at it why do your sizes only go up to an 8? Have you not heard the average womans dress size is a 14? Other then Hollywood starlettes who can afford to buy this crap? I mean eating or $300 jimmy choos? Shoes that are gonna ruin our feet and make us break our ankle. And if I were to ever meet the man who invented stillettos in a dark alley I am gonna sic cousin Guido on him. I know it will never change there are women who will continue to pay the price for the name. I am related to one. But as a mom to 2 pre teens and a teen on a military budget speaking for other moms in our situation. I had to let it out!
Frustrated beyond belief,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That blog is courtesy of SITS where we had an open letter writing day. There's my beef.
For all twillight fans out there enjoy the background!

thankful 30
for today is music. There is nothing like hearing a favorite song or a certain type of music that makes you feel incredible! If your life were a playlist what would it be?

13 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah, i dont get it either... especially now im a size 14 :)))!!! i found you courtesy of sits... dropped in to say hi... look forward to reading more :)

Karol said...

Amen SITSta! I could never justify spending over $75 for a pair of shoes or jeans. (I'm cheap if ya couldn't tell!)

*hugs* from a SITSta!

Unknown said...

A-Men! I'm SO with ya on this! Happy SITS Friday!

Debie Napoleon said...

WTG on your SITs rant - very true and I am no longer a 14 but still unhappy with sizing.

Anonymous said...

Yes...clothes...designer. Argh!!!!!!!

And, I LOVE an 'awesome' song!!! Lately I'm really into Joshua Radin's "Brand New Day".

Crista said...

Amen to that and I agree, military pay really sucks! Came over here from SITS

Ed said...

Whewww - had to come up for air there Christina, but I agree with you too - I get bargains where I can, we pensioners don't have telephone number wages, and as long as I can buy my crafty bits - (Priorities !!) and pay our bills, clothes have to wait :-)

AndreaLeigh said...

Haha! You are funny! And why does the one real plus size store around, Lane Bryant, have such ridiculous prices??

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hear ya girl!!!! Stupid designers!!!

I love the Twilight design!! It looks great!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hey girl! YOU WON!!! Congratulations!!!

Bridgett Owens said...

I couldn't agree with you more. If I find my size in the store I either look like I am 50 years older than I really am or that I belong on a float in the rose parade. I mean, really what is it with big floral patterns for big women? Do I need a sign? HELLO! The cost of anything is outrageous anymore but clothing is one that I have been griping about for a long time. What gives? I know it doesn't take as much to make little kid clothes as adults and yet have you seen the price? WOW! And to just comment on the music thankful 30 part of your blog. I couldn't agree more! I was in a funk until I started playing some music and it just lifts my spirits and makes me calm down again! LOL
YEAH, I KNOW! GET MY OWN BLOG!!! LOL (Sorry for the long comment but you know you got me stirred up....) LOL
HUGS!!!

Chrissy D said...

ROFL - Thanks for sharing - now if only the designers will READ this! LOL I need to find a fluffy store that doesn't make me look so "dowdy" - I like the uncle Guido too - I really had one - but he has since passed away.

Amber said...

haha love it girly I think we all need to protest and go to wearing garbage bags what the hell wed make hefty rich ! :) love ya

Related Posts with Thumbnails