Thursday, May 22, 2014

Time for a break up

with Facebook. I love that social media gives us the opportunity to stay in close contact with loved ones. I love that people are doing such awesome things. I am finding for me though it was becoming a time suck. It sucked me in even when I should be enjoying my life. I would say I didn't have time to do things I loved , like coloring , pinning, blogging, crafting or just spending time with my family. I made the decision yesterday to limit my time to once a week on there with the goal of doing it once a month. I doubt that will happen as there are a few groups I am on in there that I am not quite ready to give up on yet. I think it was also a key point to my depression. I found my self comparing my life to others. I found I was turning into a voyeurism junkie. It was almost disturbing how much stalking I was doing. LOL TMI I know. Day 1 with no Facebook trolling I found I got my cleaning done, read and commented on blogs I have not visited in forever, am writing a blog post and still have time to craft or color BEFORE work. Yes I think this break up is gonna be the best thing ever!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Denice said...

Smart girl! FB can be time consuming and I am on it mainly b/c of a couple of teams. I, too, found myself comparing and decided all of those who continuously post are trying very hard to convince "someone" just how happy they are.

I love seeing nieces, nephews and their babies on FB and would be sad not to see them.

You can always change your settings to see just a few people. There's no point in reading everyone's crap....we have enough of our own.
:Dxx

Queenie Jeannie said...

Good for you!!! I just want you happy and healthy...and crafting, lol! Hugs!

Bridgett Owens said...

I have done this recently and found it to be refreshing to not be on Facebook. I didn't miss it and when I went back to it, it wasn't that exciting! LOL

I have had similar reactions as you, Christina. I have compared myself to others who seem to have it altogether and have wonderful lives, but I finally decided I can either watch (like you said) everyone else sharing about their lives or I could just get out there and live my own life. I am like you: I prefer to log off and live my life. There is a lot more hours in the day when social media doesn't rob us of them!

I am really happy for your decision to scale back and enjoy life.

Love ya!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails