Thursday, May 29, 2014

My little Pi Rho

My oldest daughter is a quiet, shy introvert who does not socialize very much so I want to take this opportunity to put the spotlight on her and something she loves to do.  Last year as a freshman she joined the schools robotics team. She even lettered in it.  

 She remained the treasurer for the team this year and I will be honest I just thought it was a little thing. I was so wrong. FIRST is a worldwide robotics program that starts in elementary schools! YES ELEMENTARY! The encourage and support these kids in ways I didn't imagine. Every year they put out the years course and the kids develop the robots to get the goals and such done. I am not explaining this 100% correctly but I don't have her here for technical terms. 

The team built this robot and made it to regionals....

Now here's the kicker most of the teams they were up against, 50 + kids on ONE team. We have 10 with 6 being able to attend regionals. These kids don't even have the sponsers they need and they had to raise money in 3 days to be able to go. They managed, so I signed up to be chaperone and off we went....here's the course.

My daughters team drivers are the ones in the top hats  

We had a broken robot for a match...




After the 2 days of qualifiers and first round of finals we took the team to red robin for dinner... 

The team and their buttons...and capes one of the boys made.


The darling daughter.... 

The team and the parents that were there. 

These guys did awesome they placed 35 out of 152. Doesn't sound like much but for the teams they were up against these kids did amazing! I couldn't be prouder and the girl lettered again and is VP for her Junior year.  Way to go baby girl.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Denice said...

35th place is pretty gosh darn good, congrats to the team!
:Dxx

Bridgett Owens said...

Way to go!! Love this! Javan wanted to sign up for this and there is a team that is putting it together but it was going to cost big $$$$$$ and I said not right now. It looks very cool though. So proud and great photos!! Have you scrapped them yet? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails