Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Post Christmas bliss

 I like to plan for Christmas year round. Less stress on the wallet if I shop year round plus then if I see anything at really good prices I have extra cash to get it and put it in my gift area.

To stay on task I have a holiday planner. I found the print outs and idea over at Organized Christmas. It is a great resource for holiday planning. For a while now they have had pocket planner printouts  so you can make a mini version to carry with you in your purse instead of carrying a 3 ring binder with you everywhere.  I have put off making a mini one for years because I knew a paper one would just get trashed in my purse. Not sure if these have made waves over the internet yet , but I have seen people use Stampin Up dvd stamp cases to make a notepad holder. Then I had an idea I could use the case to make my own non easily trashed pocket planner!

Here it is...

 

When you open the case I have an envelope to hold any coupons I might need. You know the ones you collect from Bath and Body , Old Navy and other stores but you always seem to leave at home.  Then I have my Idea planner where I can write down gift ideas for people in my life.


The second page ,if you will, is gifts to make. If you are a crafter you know when you're in your craft store and genius hits. Then 2 months goes by and oops you forget.  Well this gives you a spot to write who ,what, supplies needed and when it was completed.  There is also internet catalog order pages for when you find that perfect gift on the net but don't buy it then and there. Well it has spots to jot down where,  item , when you ordered it and cost (there's even a spot to write down when you received it).

The last page is my gift closet inventory.  This is where you write down stuff you already have ready to be given. That way when you are in the store and you remember ohhhh no I forgot a gift for so and so. Get one then go home and realize you already had one. It will help avoid all confusion. And yes I do already have some gifts in my inventory. I also have an envelope for receipts so that they don't breed like rabbits in my purse. 


While making the pockets I was wondering how I was going to glue the back in because it needed to kind of slide with the opening and closing of the case. Then it came to me don't glue it! Why? It is the perfect spot to put purchased gift cards! I don't know about you , but I am always losing those little buggers.



Then just for fun I added some more 3 dimensional stickers in the back to complete the look.


So now I have a spot to keep all my holiday year round shopping corralled in one spot then when time allows I can transfer all the info into my big binder at home. I can not tell you how happy this little idea has made me. I am ready for Christmas 2012 BRING IT ON!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Kathy W said...

love this idea, might have to copy it!

Denice said...

Ohhhhhhh, I love this!!! If you have an extra I'll send you my addy, lol. It's perfect and great for planning because I always forget what it is that I had planned on getting people!

BTW, I have a blog award I want to share with you because I think you totally deserve it! You always find the coolest projects to make...not just cards. I love visiting your blog, I don't think I know anyone else who loves Star Wars, Zombies, and the color purple as much as you do! LOL! You need to go to my blog to get the award....
http://www.being-craft-de.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-blog-award.html

:Dxx

Judy said...

I love this idea - why haven't we thought of it before? What a great way to get organised, it's beautifully done too Christina. I'm off to see what other gems you have on your blog now! Keep creating,
Judy x

Bridgett Owens said...

As you know I created the DVD notebooks for all my Hostess Club girls and loved them so much that I had to make more with my friends! They are so much fun to make and so inexpensive! Great gifts for others and of course as you have shown here, they are the perfect place to track gifts!! :) I love your spin on things and I have some fun ideas dancing in my head for some Christmas organization, as well! :) Thanks for sharing your version! You know I am going to have to CASE some of the elements you shared! :)
Hugs,
Bridgett

Related Posts with Thumbnails