Friday, January 27, 2012

Memories of the Christmas past

I know it seems a bit late to be posting Christmas crafts, however I had to wait until Christmas was over to do this project. I have always hated throwing away the wonderful cards people have given me over the years. Until now I kept the cards in a kind of file folder. Until I saw this idea on pintrest....




Doesn't Yoda make a great model?  Anyway, back to the project, it will make a great holiday decoration displayed on a plate holder.  I want to make one every year to hold all of our special cards. The great thing about it is you can open every card and still read the inside What a great way to shre the memoroies of previous Christmas'.  To make one of your own all you need is 2 pieces of chipboard , your favorite christmas papers, embellishments, 3 jump rings and your favorite adhesives. Share with me if you make one I would love to see what you come up with.

Original ideas from eighteen25 here.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Denice said...

I LOVE this idea Christina, I have years of Christmas cards in baskets that need organized! WooHoo...now I have a couple of projects to work on!
Yoda is adorable as always!
:Dx

Ed said...

Hello Christina, it seems ages since I was last here, thank you for your visit hun, I do appreciate xx All is well again now, my hubby is almost fully recovered - still can't lift heavy weights etc... but hey - I've still got him, so who cares, and my old dog is also ok now,and I just need a new body and I will be perfect teehee ....bit late in the day Christina, but happy new Year to you and your family xxx

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm glad my card made the "keep" list, lol! What a brilliant idea!

I don't usually get enough cards to bother with this cool project...sad, huh?

Melissa Stinson said...

Love it!! And Christmas Yoda is the perfect "prop"!

Bridgett Owens said...

I really like this idea for cards. I keep mine in pretty photo boxes but many boxes are required. Those will be adorable decorations, too! :) Thanks for sharing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails