Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lake Mowich

This Friday we headed out to the Northwest side of the Mount Rainier National Park  to Lake Mowich with Chris' troop. The lake is glacier water from Mt. Rainier and it is Crystal clear. I mean CRYSTAL! Can you see the logs in the water???



I loved how I was able to capture tadpoles swimming in the clear water.

The flowers I captured on the trail. Something about their placement spoke to my heart.

Here is Chris' LtC putting Kyla in his Kayak. She thought that was so cool! He told her what to do in case it tipped and everything.


After we ate we decided to take a hike. Boy was that interesting. Let's just say that I was over and under and crawling over some terrain. I should be the talk of the troop on Tuesday. LOL But here is Michelle taking a rest.

This is what was waiting for us at the end of our hike. A very long waterfall....so beautiful.

And the hike would not have been complete without a family shot at the base of the waterfall.

Yep I can certainly say I am really starting to enjoy Washington. Just make sure you have some OFF when you come to visit and hike because those bugs are merciless.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are stunning photos Christina.
Jeff and i love to go walking In our country side, waterfalls are a favourite of ours also

Texas JennyWren said...

OHM, what a beautiful place you live in. How blessed you are. Thanks for the fun comments you left on my blog for the blog hop. I appreciate it very much. txjennywren.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails