Friday, September 2, 2011

It's eerie..

 Bacis Grey's Eerie card kit that is.


I have been wanting to try one of the BG card kits for a long time now but a couple of things stopped me. The price (usually around $15 per kit) and a bias of why should I buy a card kit when I can do it myself. Well I found this kit for $5 at Big Lots so I said ehh why not?

The kit comes with everything to make 8 complete cards. The only thing you need is adhesive and a black pen.  It comes with instructions on how to put together each card along with a website for a colored printout and numbered punch outs, chipboard, and rubons.

Here are finished products...











In some cases ,I added my own touch and some of the extra rubons. I also changed the pumpkin card completely because it was a happy harvest card and that just didn't mesh well with the Halloween theme.


It took me about and hour and a half to complete all 8 cards and the only complaint that I have over the kit was the chipboard did not stick well and I wound up using my own adhesives and glue dots to get it to stick. For $5 I think I would do another of Basic Grey's kits, for $15 I think I would give it a even a 3rd  thought.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Pretty cool for $5! I've never made 8 cards in 90 minutes, lol!!! 8 cards in 90 days maybe.....so slow over here!

Can you believe it's September already??

Amber said...

Love , Love , Love them they turned out supper cute :)

Denice said...

Love the cards! I can't believe you made 8 in 1.5 hrs, that's awesome! I'm like you and always think I can do it for cheaper, but for $5...the price was right!

:Dx

Melissa Stinson said...

I tried a Nook and Pantry card kit that I also found at Big Lots for $5 (earlier this year), and I totally agree with you- for $5 they're a bargain, but anything more than that and NO! :)

Also, I had trouble with some of my stuff not sticking, too. :(

Your cards look great!

I'm going to have to see if my Big Lots has the Eerie kits.

Related Posts with Thumbnails