Monday, May 9, 2011

Something a bit off the beaten path ....

disaster even struck while on hiatus. Look at my phone....While I loved the idea of touch screens, I just knew this was unavoidable. I am rough on phones I know that, but the sad part is I was really taking care of it. It fell out of my pocket and fell face first on the pavement. I cried and cried. Ok not really , but I just know I will never hear the end of it from Chris.~ Sigh~

Quick story ...anyone who frequents my blog knows I love purple. I also love sunflowers. My kitchen/dining area has been sunflowers for as long as I can remember because, well purple kitchen appliances and cookware are recent developments. When they did start coming out though I was frustrated. I had already spent a small fortune getting things I loved for my kitchen and the only thing out to match purple was grapes. Nope ,did not wanna go that route. So I kept my sunflowers. Then of all places wal mart was my inspiration in the form of fabric combining my color and what I already had, So part of what I did when I wasn't posting was to make a set of six of these for my table....
and this for my window....the valance,not the stained glass. That was made my beautiful friend Cynthia.
I am over joyed that I can keep yellows and greens for my table but go purple in my kitchen! Best thing I can do since I can't paint walls. Thank You Wal Mart ...you kind of restored my faith in you.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all the kitchen add ons, Yellow and purple go so well.
I bet it looks lovely and bright.
Tat Ta for now you PHONE killer

Denice said...

Love the purple and yellow, very pretty! I LOVE Walmart too, but am always afraid I'm going to be the next "guest of honor" when I get a Wal-martians email forwarded to me, LOL! If you've never seen one, let me know...I'll forward some to you, but promise me you'll look at them with one eye shut! :/

Queenie Jeannie said...

That is so fabulously awesome!! I LOVE IT!!!! You are so crafty-crafty!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails