Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Whip it up Wednesday

We all know how cold it has been outside and we are probably going through gallons of hot chocolate. Well my pal Bridgett sent me the link to this craft here ( I am showing hers as I haven't made one yet.)That include these yummy peppermint marshmallow treats that you stir into you cocoa.To make these yummy treats the supplies you'll need: marshmallows, almond bark melt, leftover candy canes (or starlight mints) and lollipop sticks (we also used coffee stirrers).

Melt the almond bark in a double boiler.
Crush the candy canes.
When the candy is melted, place a stick in each marshmallow and dip in almond bark melt (be careful--marshmallows can melt), then dip in crushed candy cane.
Place on wax or parchment paper and cool in refrigerator. (As soon as they are firm, seal in a zip top bag to keep the marshmallows soft.)

To view awesome pics go to the original website here and check out the step by step photos.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Denice said...

YUM....another reason to drink hot cocoa!

Queenie Jeannie said...

How fun!!!

Thank you so much for my Valentine card!!! I sucked and didn't do any this year. Good intentions though....

Bridgett Owens said...

These are so much fun to make!! I am glad you shared my photo!! Hot chocolate sounds really good to me right now! LOL
Angel Hugs,
Bridgett

Kathy W said...

who needs hot chocolate, that pop is right up my alley!

Related Posts with Thumbnails