Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whip it up Wednesday

Today's recipe is one I took off of Oprah's web site years ago.

I am always looking for good recipes and this one jumped out at me. If you love ribs this is one to try.

Quincey Jones Thiller ribs

2 tsp. spike season

1 tsp. accent

1/2 tsp black pepper

5 racks babyback ribs

6 minced galic cloves

2 lg jalapeno peppers (well depends on how spicy you want them)

2 grn bell peppers

2 red bell peppers

2 yellow bell peppers all thinly sliced

In cup combine spike, Accent, & black pepper. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp. of mix on each side of rib racks.

In smal bowl combine garlic, jalapenos, and remaining seasoning. Rub the garlic mix on top and bottom of ribs.

Line lg roasting pan (17x11 1/2) with enough foil ro wrap all ribs. Spread a layer of bell peppers on top of the foil. place 2 racks side by side on the veggies.continue to layer in the same manner. Tightly wrap the maraniated ribs in the refridgerate for 2 days.

Remove the pan from fridge and sit at room temp. Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Before placing the ribs in the oven reduce to temp to 300

bake foiled ribs for 6- 8 hours.

A lot of work but well worth the effort!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Denice said...

mmmmmmm.....who doesn't love finger lickin' ribs?!! The recipe sounds delish!

Anonymous said...

Okay, can't read this recipe right now, got the stomach bug!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I give up, what's spike and accent??? Pictures please for the slightly retarded in your audience...

BSS said...

I bet my husband would love that recipe! I'll have to try it soon-- thanks for sharing!! :o)

Bridgett Owens said...

I am not a fan of ribs but that sounds like a great recipe! My husband would be all over it I'm sure! LOL
Angel Hugs,
Bridgett

Related Posts with Thumbnails