Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Whip it up Wednesday


So in my new format for the ole blog I have decided to share recipes for things.
Some weeks it may be an actual recipe.
Some weeks it may be a recipe to make something to give as a gift , like maybe potpourri.
Since it is still cold outside I have decided my first recipe will be for a soup.
Try it ! It is truly a work of yumminess~

Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder

11/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c. of chopped onion
1-2 cloves of mince garlic
3 T. of butter
2 Chicken Boullion cubes
1 c. hot water
1 t. ground cumin
2 c. half and half cream (this is when weight watchers yells NO STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING!)
2 c. 8 oz shredded Montery Jack Cheese (weight watchers cringes further)
1 can cream corn
1 4 oz. can of chopped green chilies, not drained
1/4 - 1 t. Hot Pepper sauce (tabasco, it depends on your preferences to spicyness)
1 med. tomato chopped
fresh cilantro

Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
In pot brown chicken , onion, garlic in butter until the chicken is no longer pink.
Dissolve Boullion cubes hot water, and add to pan with cumin.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low , cover and simmer 5 min.
Add half and half, cheese , cream corn, green chilie, and hot sauce and cook and stir until cheese melts.
Stir in tomatoes right before serving and serve immediately.
garnish with cilantro

This is truly one of the best soups I have ever ever had! And great served with corn chips like enchilada soup at chili's!
I so need a recipe for that soup!

Enjoy!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, chowder!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh yummmmmy!!!! Where's my pic though! You gotta make it and take a pic girl!!!

I got your card! Ohmygosh, so beautiful and darling! You know I have to ask where you got that stamp!!!! So perfect! I'm going to be bragging about it this afternoon.

Wait til you see what I got in the mail that I got from ebay.....people are going to start planning an intervention for me soon!

Chrissy D said...

Sounds delicious!!! Yummy!

Bridgett Owens said...

Oh yum! With winter weather like we've been having soup sounds divine!! Thanks for the share!
Angel Hugs,
Bridgett

Related Posts with Thumbnails