Monday, January 18, 2010

Friend making Monday




Amber over at {aefilkins} is asking us this week...
With the new year here, and resolutions & organizational goals in full force, what are some of the projects on your list? Are you working on any specific projects around the house, such as purging, organizing, craft projects, home improvement projects? Share with us! {And hopefully you'll be sharing the before & afters on your blogs, so we know what we can tune in for!!}

Well for me I really want to purge and de-clutter more of my house we do it with every move but I always think there's room for improvement.

Get more organized in my storage. This is an ongoing project that requires thinking on my part.
I love all the new stroage ideas from baskets to bins, but I have never seemed to find anything that works for me personally. Of course if I used my handy dandy label maker that could improve I guess LOL

Find a way to jazz up my pre-teens room. This is the one think I hate about military moving and housing white walls you shouldn't paint. They no longer tell you you can't, but you have to paint them white when you leave. Ever try to paint white on top of a color?


Find something to decorate this area with. It is white, it is empty and has no personality except the pictures that are on the shelves .
It is screaming for help!


My goal for my youngest daughters room would be to convince her she need to not hold on to every little toy. I mean honestly she doesn't play with most of them.

crafting I have been in a craft lull for well a few years now. More then anything I would love to invest in a sewing machine and learn to sew. Ohh and does trying to figure out what I want to do with y blog count as something crafty?

So if you have any great blogs that have to do with de-cluttering , organizing and deep cleaning the house please share. I love to see the creativity people come up with. I have found 2 that i love.
Thrifty Decor Chick
&
Infarrantly Creative

They have super ideas that are relatively cheap and look wonderful. Something I need ,as I fear adding to the huge mess we had to move the last time and then getting assigned to a smaller house if we get stationed somewhere else. Always need to be mindful of that..ahhh military life.





15 comments:

Unknown said...

I just cleaned out my son's room yesterday-it felt SO good to get rid of all the clutter!

Denice said...

I'm going to check out those sites, I need to declutter my life...ooops, I meant house!

Did you ever consider some of the vinyl wall decorations that are removable? You could make your own w/ the Cricut, or any of the craft stores sell them. J's has them at 50% off right now and there are some very mod teen designs!

Sara said...

I just cleaned my sons room last week and orgainzed it. Pretty soon were going to have to move some toys to Grandmas house cause my little 9 month old has too many toys already

I have a feeling tehre trying to takeover:)

Anonymous said...

I so want to paint my walls too, but we hope to be moving soon and I know neutral colors sell better so I'm living with it for now.

Happy Friend Makin Monday!

Ms. G said...

You should invite your daughter to donate some of her toys to girls that might not have toys. That is always a neat way to teach her to help others and it will help you get her to let go of some of her toys.

Thanks for sharing....

shortmama said...

You wanna know my secret to getting rid of toys? Go in there when they arent there and put some of the ones they NEVER play with in a bin and store it for 1 month. If she hasnt asked for any of the toys during that month then its time to donate them

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I need to organize and de clutter too! Hope you find some great ways to jazz up your daughter's room!

Anonymous said...

The white walls would drive me nuts!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hear you on the white, white, white walls!!! Ugh! BORING!! At least you have a staggered shelfy thing going. I don't even have that!

I would put more pictures going up, or framed pieces. I bought a bunch of large Monet prints and have them scattered upstairs. Lovely color! Even draping ivy is inexpensive!

Unknown said...

I am working on organizing and de-cluttering too! Good luck on your list. Have a great week!

Angela Tolsma said...

white white totally sucks. good luck coming up with something for the hallway/stairs.

happy fmm!!

Nocona said...

I know the thing about getting them to part with toys. THey have so much they don't even know what they have to play with.

Jen said...

I am so with you on the daughter hanging on to EVERYTHING! I go into her room every other month and come out with at least one bag of what can only be described as trash. It's terrible :)

Regarding the paint, if you wanted to go to the trouble, white primer would cover up whatever color you did, & you'd probably only need one coat of white paint on top of that. Just a thought. Although I'm starting to like white walls, a la Pottery Barn - very cottage-y.

Kathy W said...

I think every crafter needs a good de-clutter.
my suggestion for white walls- try some decor elements they are easily removed without damaging walls

Bridgett Owens said...

Wow! Where in the world have I been? Gosh I am playing catch up here for sure because I don't want to miss a THING! I am definitely nodding my head in agreement about the whole organization, decluttering, deep cleaning situation!!! I'm eager to see what you come up with for this amazing space!
Angel Hugs,
Bridgett

Related Posts with Thumbnails