Monday, November 23, 2009

Things to ponder


Well I missed last weeks Friend Making Monday, and almost didn't do this week's. After a weekend of having a house full of moody preteens we weren't expecting (their dad wound up in the hospital and mom is deployed) I surrendered to the quiet and took a loooooong bath and read a book. I also need to clean but I figured what's a bit more time right?
So Amber over at {aefilkins} posted ...

This week, it's all about Thanksgiving.



1. Turkey or Ham?
2. Favorite side dish.
3. Favorite dessert.
4. Black Friday: Are you going or not?
5. If so, what's on the top of your list?
6. Going out of town or staying close to home?
7. Hosting or helping?
8. Name one family tradition at Thanksgiving.
9. What do you do after dinner?
10. What are you most thankful for this year?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1. Turkey or Ham? Gobble Gobble here

2. Favorite side dish. Broccoli Casserole

3. Favorite dessert. PECAN PIE, I only eat it on Thanksgiving. It is so bad for my waistline and I can and will eat a whole pie over the course of a weekend.

4. Black Friday: Are you going or not? I would love to but sadly funds aren't there.

5. If so, what's on the top of your list?Ally McBeal DVD set . I really miss that show and never did get to see the last season we were overseas.

6. Going out of town or staying close to home?We will be at home

7. Hosting or helping? Neither I am doing it all but only for my family.

8. Name one family tradition at Thanksgiving. We pull out Christmas movies and usually watch Muppet Christmas Carol after dinner.

9. What do you do after dinner? Decorate for Christmas good way to burn off calories!

10. What are you most thankful for this year?Everyone I know has been ok in the job department for most of the year and even though we may all be stretched to the max. We are all blessed to have someone in our house working . Also for the support I got during the Ft Hood incident. I love everyone for the support and concern they showed me and my family. Thank you ALL!

How about you what are you most Thankful for? You can copy and paste the questions and answer in your comments or you could cpy and paste and put them on your own blog. How bout it?




Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck is with people who eat ham on Thanksgiving??

Queenie Jeannie said...

1. Turkey or Ham? Turkey!

2. Favorite side dish. Mashed potatoes - I normally don't make them so they're a treat!

3. Favorite dessert. pumpkin pie and mine rocks!!!

4. Black Friday: Are you going or not? No moola and I HATE the crowds of crazy people!!! Although it's a great day to see Santa.

5. If so, what's on the top of your list? I buy my own presents, so I'm good. Unless someone wants to buy me a Cricut with every stinkin cartridge to go with it AND copic markers. All of them. Just sayin, lol!

6. Going out of town or staying close to home? At home.

7. Hosting or helping? Hosting. Some soldier I don't even know. Fun times.

8. Name one family tradition at Thanksgiving. Eat till you nearly die. Then eat some pie. We also usually set up the tree, etc but I think we'll do this on Friday instead.

9. What do you do after dinner? Unzip your pants, lol! Mommy cleans up and declares herself OFF DUTY!

10. What are you most thankful for this year? Gosh, so much. I'm really grateful Thomas has a job with benefits, and we don't have to worry about it. I'm grateful Alex was ok in her accident. I'm grateful Bella is FINALLY, 100%, no more pull ups, potty trained. She's five. I'm grateful!!!!!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

How fun to start Christmas decorating right after dinner! Happy FMM!

Chic Mama said...

Enjoy your pie! And I here ya on the black friday business!

Anonymous said...

Oooo...I forgot all about Ally McBeal! I am going to have to look into that on Netflix. It's been forever since I've seen it. :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Bridgett Owens said...

1. Turkey or Ham? Turkey!

2. Favorite side dish. Fresh out of the oven dinner rolls with butter! Mmmm!

3. Favorite dessert. I love pumpkin pie but sadly didn't get any this year! :0(

4. Black Friday: Are you going or not? We did go. I was brave, then scared, then nervous and then worn out!

5. If so, what's on the top of your list? Coat for Paul, bedding for each kid, jammies for Javan...

6. Going out of town or staying close to home? Went to Paul's aunt's.

7. Hosting or helping? Neither.

8. Name one family tradition at Thanksgiving. Have supper at my husband's aunt's house.

9. What do you do after dinner? Go home to fall asleep!

10. What are you most thankful for this year? My husband, my children, our health, my job, and unemployment benefits for my husband.

Related Posts with Thumbnails