Sunday, November 22, 2009

So I went to go see....

yesterday. I think it stuck a little closer to the book this time around. The way they made the wolves look was awesome, so true to how you would picture their size in the book. I loved the werewolves. I said it once and I will say it again. Jacob rocks.
I was slightly let down that they didn't show the development of Jacob more. They only brushed over his distrust of Sam and his friendships with Quil and Embry. Plus his relationship with Bella. Now I know the movie was already 2 hours long but they could have really done more with it.
Then there was the Volturi. I pictured that whole scene to be a bit darker. Like artificial light and sewer type dwellings. Plus more vampires milling about. I think they nailed the characters down , it was just the actual scene I was disappointed in.
Ohh and if you have read the book my big beef with it is Charlie. He didn't act fatherly at all. It was more like he was interested in being bellas friend then her father.
I had an awesome time listening to the reaction of the people around me though. Like when Jake first removes his shirt, The gasps of swooning that radiated from the audience of teen girls was so funny.
All and all it wasn't a bad movie, pretty good in fact if you are a twilight fan. It won't disappoint. But I think with the other movies they so need to go the length of Waterworld or something, just to let the scenes come together a bit more.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting until Jacob (Taylor) turns 18 in February before I officially swoon. ;)

Kathy W said...

loved the books, might wait this out a few weeks or sneak into a lunch time show while kiddos are in school

Denice said...

I'm glad you got to see the movie and that you enjoyed it!

I told my dd I would take her this week to go see it, and I can guarantee you that I'll be one of those gasping (and wishing I was 19 again) as the abs are unveiled!

Queenie Jeannie said...

This one was sooooo much better than the first! Ohmygosh, the makeup work alone was worth it, lol! I didn't drink anything and if the movie had been any longer I would have had an accident - I was dying!!!! I really, really enjoyed the movie and I'm so happy to hear that they have already started work on Eclipse. Now THAT should be awesome!!!!

I wish you could have been here to see it with me!!!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

This one was sooooo much better than the first! Ohmygosh, the makeup work alone was worth it, lol! I didn't drink anything and if the movie had been any longer I would have had an accident - I was dying!!!! I really, really enjoyed the movie and I'm so happy to hear that they have already started work on Eclipse. Now THAT should be awesome!!!!

I wish you could have been here to see it with me!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails