Friday, November 6, 2009

Still struggling with this

On any normal day here on Fort Hood traffic is outragous trying to get my kids school. Today for such a big post it looked dead. What is normally a 15 -25 min drive to the elementary school took about 8 min. There are soldiers with guns guarding entrances and the amount of press around this morning was incredible.
My family didn't get home until 8 pm last night. I was a nervous wreck till I had them home. Poor Kyla had to deal with psycho mom last night.
I am still in shock .It was hard to send my family out today. I know in my head the chance of something like this happening 2 days in a row is slim to none , but it was still hard.
We need answers. We need to know how someone who is not only supposed to lead the soldiers under him , but care for others mental health could commit such a heinous act. To know he caught the attention of authorities 6 months ago for intenet postings makes us all wonder why did they not have this guy flagged...so many many questions.
Please pray for the families here that lost loved ones and thank you for all the well wishes.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just such a tragedy. :(

(((hugs)))

Kathy W said...

still shaken by it, did not realize that is where you are stationed, so sorry such a terrible thing

2Wired2Tired said...

This has to be so difficult for you. My thoughts are with you and your family and all the other Fort Hood families as well. Hopefully there will be some answers soon.

Hearts That Love said...

Good to know you and your family are ok. I drop by your blog once in a while, and like your work. Will keep on praying!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hugs honey!! I know this is so hard for you and you're being sooo brave and strong. I'm here, as always.

And I agree. This guy should have been questioned way back at Walter Reed when he had "issues" dealing with soldiers. What a time bomb.

Unknown said...

This was terrable, Everyone must be in such pain, You are in our thoughts.
Keep your chin up babes, HUGS wendy

Bridgett Owens said...

I am so sorry! THANK YOU for calling me. I would have been sick with worry if I had heard the news before you told me. I am glad your family is together right now. Praying you remain safe and well. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and the families.
Gentle Hugs,
Bridgett

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear that your family is okay.

http://www.eyeballgirl.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails