Thursday, November 5, 2009

Today was a rough day...

if you don't already know today on Fort Hood a major who worked in mental health walked into the src and opened fire on people in there. (SRC is where deploying / returning soldiers do the paperwork). My kids had a half day and my youngest was home. At 1:30 my middle school daughter called and said mom we are on lock down there's a shooter loose at the school. I could not reach my husband and was frantic. BUt my family and I are all ok. However there are 13 comfirmed dead and 30 wounded. I sit here at 6:35 pm and neither my daughter or husband are not home yet, I am drained. Please keep the families who lost loved ones in your prayers.



Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Christina. Please keep up posted.

Anonymous said...

Is everything oK? I was thinking about you all night.

Queenie Jeannie said...

You know I'm with you in spirit honey!!! I'm sorry it took so long for everyone to be released, but I'm sure it was a total zoo trying to get crucial evidence, etc. My heart goes out to everyone on post because it affected EVERYONE in one way or another.

Big hugs and I'm so grateful you are all ok!!!!!

Denice said...

I'm saying prayers of thanks that your family is safe, and my prayers are also being said to the families who are dealing with such an unfathomable act.

Hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails