Monday, November 9, 2009

Friend Making Monday





Welcome to another week of Friend Making Monday Hosted by none other then Amber over at {aefilkins}.
This week Amber makes a very good point. When the weather turns we all seem to want to make our surroundings seem more festive and full of holiday spirit and we all know memories can be triggered by smell. Therefore this weeks question is

What are your favorite candles/scents?

My all time favorite for this time of year is
There is something about cinnamon at fall that just makes me wanna curl up in a sweater or blanket with a good book, a cup of hot anything , and hubby. I love fall!

Then when Thanksgiving is over I head for these


Peppermint anything, but don't be fooled. Not all things that say they smell like peppermint do. I have to have the true scent of peppermint so I always spend wayyy to much on those candles.



Then there is pine. I love the smell of fresh Christmas trees. Again there is a difference, most cheap candles have an overbearing pine smell so it has to be specific ..Light with enough pine to make me believe I am in a forest. This product is perfect.

It smells like walking is a snow filled pine forest. I have to buy it every year.



The one thing I don't like though anything Vanilla. I am sure somewhere someone scarred me with the scent but I seriously can not stand the smell invading my own home. LOL
So what smells do you love at this time of year?

Photobucket

14 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

I love scents too!!!! And I agree, it's so nice to match the season or my mood with a lovely smell!!

I used to go crazy with candles but now I'm a Scentsy gal. Seriously, be a hostess and have a party - love it!!!

Right now I'm burning Mochadoodle, which smells like something delightfully mocha-ey is baking in my oven, lol! Thomas LOVES this one. I too like cinnamon in the fall IF it isn't overpowering. I also love, love, love the clean, fresh scents and citrus scents. I despise ANYTHING rose or lavender. Blech!

I'm going to have to do a post on my Scentsy collection....

TheAtticGirl said...

I love any scents that are food! That cupcake one makes me want to get a cupcake. lol

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/11/friend-makin-monday-candle-favorites.html

The Blonde Duck said...

Popped in to say hi! I love pumpkin! It just screams fall!

Nicole said...

You're totally right! Its so nice to have things smelling nice and pretty for the holidays and winter season! I read somewhere that scents can really change your mood too:) Mmmm love the pine and winter stuff too!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Christina!
Happy FMM! I love cinnamon candles too - probably my favorite scent of all time! I will have to try those others too!

XOOX
Jen

Life is 5 Minutes Long said...

Love yours also. Nice to meet you!

melaniet42 said...

Winter Woods sounds delightful for the holidays! I personally love cinnamon, but can't quite sell my husband on that scent! ;-)

Kathy W said...

love all the scents of the holidays, of course they make me hungry!

Denice said...

I just bought a new candle at the local craft fair called "Silent NIght". It's a clean smells like clean wood....odd, but very nice!

I also like pear and pine scents, but not together!

Angela Tolsma said...

cinnamon is my favorite!!

PropellerHeadMom said...

These candle scents make me want to start decorating for Christmas and getting a tree right away!

The Royal Family said...

thanks for swinging by, sorry i'm late. I love cinnamon but hubs doesn't so no go at my house! I think peppermint would be good to try!

The Buzz,
Brandy

Bridgett Owens said...

I love pear, it's light and refreshing. Clean linen/fresh cotton something like that is another favorite because I love the smell of freshly laundered clothes, and I also love baked apple pie. It's says fall to me...and makes everyone think I have baked a sweet treat! LOL
Hugs,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

I love the fall scents.

Related Posts with Thumbnails