Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Scripture Challenge Week 43- Encourage

I am sorry I am late with this weeks page, understandably there has been a lot going on this week and last week when I did my study little did I know then that these scriptures would be very much needed to me.
I normally have everything I want to say typed and ready to go a week in advance. I didn't feel it last week so I let it go. That's not like me normally I might mull it over a day , but it gets done. Then Thursdays events unfolded here at Fort Hood. It has touched me in ways I could not have imagined. Even though my family was not permanently changed by this forever, it had left me with some sort of PTSD. Strange to say it but have you seen the footage that a soldier took with the alarms going off in the background? Well I heard it on the tv yesterday and started to shake uncontrollably. Yes I know it over,he's caught , and that yesterday post was the most secure area on the planet with Obama being here. But it has affected me,
The point of all of this is that even though one man has affected my life so much I do still feel encouraged by the Lord. He is going to change this system of things. God did not allow this to happen, Satan saw a conflicted and confused person with doubt and used it to his advantage. The Lord gave me the encouragement I needed through my friends and family to get through the situation and will find a way to encourage me to work through whatever scars I may be facing now.
So when you are feeling stressed or down please and need comfort. I encourage you to open a bible and see what words God will give you to encourage you through it. He will provide.

As a side note, I want to thank every Vet and every active service member for the sacrifices they have made for this country.

4 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hugs honey!! I'm glad you have shared how you feel and hopefully you feel some comfort in letting the bad vibes "go". MORE hugs!!

Thank you to Chris for his service and yours too!! Army wife - toughest job in the Army!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice page.

Denice said...

A lovely page, and probably very difficult to do during these past couple of days. I see it as God encouring you to work through the what has happened and another way of you to seek him out!

Kathy W said...

cyber hugs and thank you for your encouraging words

Related Posts with Thumbnails