Monday, October 26, 2009

What a weekend

This is what my sky looked like yesterday, and below is the view of the playground from my upstairs back balcony. The weather is just one of the many crazy things this weekend..
My girls have not been good at making friends and when we moved on post here I didn't think it would be any different. Boy was I wrong. So Fri night I told them friends could stay over. That began my frustration...I wasn't told I was gonna play taxi, I wasn't told I would have 6 screaming girls all night... I wasn't told one has an attitude problem..I wasn't told one of the girls was going to have to stay until her mom got off of work at 6 pm on sat...I wasn't told they would get into my craft supplies...I wasn't told they would not leave until 3 pm on sat.
Needless to say my Sat was shot so I took my girls to the library to go get some new books because Michelle read her last batch in like 3 days. OK no biggie well they found craft books....enter frustration Sun.
I had to do my laundry because I couldn't get the girls to seperate their laundry sat , they were busy {groan} . Michelle wanted to make a stuffed cat from a craft book. Well I had no felt but I did have fabric so she draw a pattern ,cut it out ,we get everything sewn on the face and she starts to stitch the tail. I only had batting no stuffing and the fabric began to rip. UGHHHHHH so off to walmart we go.Get what we need come home to start all over again, all while trying to get laundry done, my computers cleaned up(hubbys bright idea, he helped when he remembered he was doing something while playing xbox), cooking lunch, and helping kyla make a pumpkin banner from her book.
Anyway about 9 Sun night we finish the cats...
this one is Kyla's. She drew the designs and wanted a matching mouse.
This is Michelle's. This was her idea from her craft book and poor Kyla took over. She wanted a black cat but no black felt at walmart.
this is Kyla's banner.

Funny thing was I have an idea for a card...one of the easel ones out there. I have had it all weekend. So my kids knew mom was feeling crafty and decided to take advantage of it. Ohh well maybe I can get to it sometime this week.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds chaotic!


Cute kitties!

Kathy W said...

CUTE! and great time to spend with your girls.

Denice said...

Adorable cats and mouse! Looks like the girls are taking after their mom in their love for creating...which is a good thing! :)

Unknown said...

WEll all the cats and the banner are great, so well worth all the touble.
WHEN IS THE NEXT SLEEP OVER, ROFL

Ed said...

Forgot to say nice to hav e you back blogging again Christina - I love the cats - and the mouse and I love the banner - AND i love how you make me smile with your lovely comments over on my blog. Thank you sister xxx

Queenie Jeannie said...

You're such a great Mom!!!

Bridgett Owens said...

What a crazy time for you, Mom! ((HUG)) but what a FANTASTIC weekend for the girls! I am sure they had a ball and will remember this always! Sometimes we just have to let our creativity go in a new direction, huh? LOL Oh and I am SO looking forward to seeing your easel card. I can hardly wait to attempt one, too! Maybe someday! LOL
Hugs,
Bridgett

Related Posts with Thumbnails