Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Scripture Challenge week 41-humility


I find it ironic that people enjoy being around humble personalities but we never want to be considered humble. We see it as a weakness. I think to be considered humble is a great thing, to accept ones failings and know we are no better or no worse then the rest of our fellow human beings puts things into perspective.
How does this apply to God? He wants us to be humble enough to recognize that we do need him in our lives. That we are not prideful and self sufficient. That we should give him the glory that he deserves.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the butterflies.

Kathy W said...

I am liking getting my weekly scriptures from you, makes me think.
really pretty page

Denice said...

Amen to humility!

Bridgett Owens said...

Humility...now that can be quite controversial, no? I love your page...the butterflies are beautiful!!! Your perspective on humility was so spot on! It's amazing and you have definitely stirred up the WORD inside of me! Thank you for doing that, FRIEND!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Related Posts with Thumbnails