Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October Challenge

The ladies over at KL Stampin' N Scrappin' Blog issued a month long challenge to make a card using fall colors with a twist that was optional...no white! Gasp! What? no white? Are you serious? I struggled with what to make..then My dearest friend Cynthia came through for me without realizing it..(she was my angel this time.) She had not yet sent my birthday present and it arrived last Tuesday. She sent me two new tilda stamps and a bench. Well Sat came and it hit me the bench ..I can do something with the bench.... I have been wanting to make a easel card. Well magnolia images are big..so here's what I came up with...For the record there really is no white in the circles its more of a cream , but it didn't photograph well. The sentiment reads fantastic fall , but unless you have it in front of you it kinda gets lost in the swirls
You can see here that I pp the clothes on the kids and the brads holding the easel part up are glittery leaves. And I finally got a brayered sky to work for me I was so excited!
A better shot of the front. This is what I came up with this weekend while dealing with the sleep over and Wendy just so you know not for a reallllllllly long time. LOL
Photobucket

7 comments:

Denice said...

Adorable, your card feels and looks like fall! Your did a great job with the coloring!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ohmygosh!! I think this is your most gorgeous card ever!!!! And that's really saying something because YOU ROCK!!

Totally love it hun!

Don't you love the MS leaf punch??? Cool idea for the tree!!!

Kathy W said...

what a sweet card, like how you punched all the leaves!

Bridgett Owens said...

I am SO IN LOVE with this easel card! You know I figured when you made yours I would be inspired to create one, too, but this is just OVER THE TOP! My jaw dropped! I drooled all over my keyboard! You definitely knocked it out of the park with this one! GREAT CARD! I cannot say enough about it!!!! LOVE IT!!!!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Kelly L said...

Wow, this looks like a LOT of work for one BEAUTIFUL card! I love the kissing couple done up in fall colors, and this easel style card is perfect for your lovely scene you have created! Hugs, Kelly :)

Ceal said...

I love this! great job, I just love those Tilda images they are so cute

Deb (dcorder) said...

What an INCREDIBLE fall card! Congrats on winning the KL Stampin N Scrappin October challenge!

Related Posts with Thumbnails