Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Scripture challenge 30 -obey

Omgoodness see in the state of mind I have been in lately I see forgot to add my commentary to my page! I have no idea how I let that slip through the cracks.

So if we are not parents , we have parents. So as we grow older we realize that all the rules and regulations that our parents stuck to us were really for our own good. We now know that it wasn't to be restrictive it was for our safety.
The Lord is our parent the rules and regulations are there for our safety as well. Not just for our physical safety but for the safety of our spiritual being as well. He loves us and wants us to be with Him for all time. Think of how different things could have turned out if Adam and Eve had obeyed the Lord. Or how about Noah and Mary?
We need to put aside our earthly desires and try to live in obedience to God's will like our own parents He hasn't given up on us yet.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Pam said...

Great challenge layout!! We've been studying Experiencing God and The Ways of God at church and reading/looking at your scripture challenge today just fit perfectly!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Yeah I really suck at this one!! I have major trust issues that get in the way with blindly obeying.

At least HE hasn't given up on me!!

Anonymous said...

I love the layout of this page.

Bridgett Owens said...

I think this is such a great topic! What a wonderful way to relate that to our parenting skills...so key! We are to mirror God by our actions and I think the things we lay out for our children are inspired by God's way of laying things out for us, too! This is so uplifting! TFS!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Related Posts with Thumbnails