Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Scripture Challenge 09- Grace

By definition the word Grace means goodwill or favor. But how many of us really take into account God's grace? For personal reasons I find it hard to accept God's grace, I can not forgive myself so how can I expect Him to? Yes I know the bible says so , but it's hard to wrap the human part of me around. As a Catholic ,I have even gone to confession and have been absolved for my sin, but yet still feel unforgivable. I also have to say I had a hard time concentrating on this study. It is my personal belief that when something like that is going on , hard time concentrating or falling asleep in church, that is when you need to pay all the more attention. Something is trying to stop you from getting closer to the understanding that YOU personally need.

For that reason I have to share the one scripture that really screamed out to me to listen and hold dear to. Romans 5:20...but where sin is increased, grace is increased all the more. Then there is this one as I think it applies to society today. Jonah 2:8 Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs. Thank you for putting up with the soul bareing today! And Head to Bridgett's and Amber's blogs to check out thier take on this weeks word.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

What a beautiful page. I am glad that even though we don't feel we deserve to receive anything from the LORD such as forgiveness and righteousness that He extends His grace to us anyway. Grace...unmerited favor...it means we don't even deserve it but He wants us to have it! A beautiful gift!

Queenie Jeannie said...

So lovely!!!

You are just so stinkin' GOOD at all this stuff!

Denice said...

Beautiful LO! And I have to agree, God's grace is amazing!

Anonymous said...

You are too creative. That page is beautiful!

Julia Aston said...

Super verses to inspire! love the design of your page.

Related Posts with Thumbnails