Saturday, February 21, 2009

SBS 24 Challenge #21 summer

Ok this is a special post for all the ladies about my creative process. It does not always come easy for me and I often get I don't believe that for a min. So here is the progression of cards I was not happy with ,then the end result which I am still not sure about.
So here is I think the third try at this card, I had other versions which were really bad and I dind't save to my computer . Sorry guys. I got this image of 5 bikinis in a row that I really wanted to use from Bridgett. Ok not good enough so I try to add ribbon.......too much? try 4
Remove ribbon and cut down words so they aren't taking up much space. Now it still looks to plain, needs color, needs pattern paper right? But where? try # 5
ok add wave of pp but needs a border behind it to help it stand out tuck in 2 of the words because I really like them. Nope PP was way too much. and still not enough color Try #6


Here is try #7 and end result, I ditched the pp added colors and remembered I had summer buttons in my stash. Better but still not 100% happy with it, but sick of looking at it so I am done. Note to self do not buy stamps you know you will not be able to find a use for.








Photobucket

12 comments:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Day 3 of the Where’s Wenda? Contest is here. Today I am visiting all of the SITStas that commented on Three Bay B Chicks. That means you! Thanks so much for stopping by and for being a great SISta!

-Wenda

Unknown said...

I think they are all lovely, It makes me long for the summer months to arrive.
It been an Extra cold winter here, we are not used to all this cold and snow.
Mind you it was a nice bright but cold spring day yesterday, sure cheers me up to see the sun

Being Honest said...

Wow! Sounds like the way I make decisions. I love how it turned out! Great job!

Kathy W said...

I knew you would be on the challenge already and to come up with 7 different versions. I think I like the last 2 the best, but the bikinis are such a fun image

Queenie Jeannie said...

OK, so is it wrong that I was GLEEFUL that I'm not the only one who takes dang near forever just to make one stinkin' card???

And of course, your end result is totally gorgeous, as always!! It's so cute!!

Anonymous said...

They're all cute! I like the very first one a lot!

Pam said...

I totally understand what you go through! I love that you share your talent- and the process of making your wonderful work- with us! Thanks so much! {{HUGS!}}

Denice said...

Thank goodness for repositionable tape! LOL! Thanks for sharing your card and the journey it took to make it, the end result is GREAT!

Julia Aston said...

I think we all go through this process and suddenly it just clicks! (or gets tossed totally!) Your end result card is lovely with all the colors and fun buttons!

Ed said...

I love them all, but agree the bottom one is the best... those buttons are a wonderful finishing touch - clever you..

PaperAddictJenn said...

It's good to see I'm not the only one who goes through this type of process!

AndreaLeigh said...

i really like the fourth and fifth pics!

Related Posts with Thumbnails