Tuesday, October 28, 2008

weekend pics

We carved our pumpkins this weekend. I was sick and miserable and it zapped the energy right out of me. I should be thankful I had not planned on a pumpkin patch this year. The kiddos had fun and thats the goal right? Plus on Sun we went to see High School Musical 3. So all and all not too bad a weekend for them.

Drawing the faces

FOCUS.......


of course the princess was leary of scooping guts
but she realized it was the best way to get em out.
This one didn't mind so much , she wanted to throw em at her dad.


Chris told me to strike a Betty crocker pose. LOL ya I was into it, but if I was looking at this I wouldn't think I was sick.



Michelle's pumpkin.



Kyla's pumpkin. Did you notice we are all in short sleeves? That's because here in Killeen we are still having upper 70 to 80 degree weather! I mean it is fall right? Ohh and another little hubby story for you. To get the kids in the mood I had put on Halloween music to carve pumpkins to. Hubby calls me corny at that point and laughs. The song I'm your boogieman pops on and he pulls out disco moves! And I am the corny one? Of course that starts the kids going and before you know it we have Saturday Night Fever disco dance going in the living room. AHHH family!




4 comments:

Leona said...

wow you have been busy... we dont really celebrate haloween in our house but we dont have kids yet but when we do its gunna be fun fun fun ...

Ed said...

I used to do Halloween parties when my daughter was little - hung strands of black cotton from the tops of the doors so when the kids walked in (in the dark) the cotton brushed up against them like spiders webs hehe - great times eh?? Think you must be feeling just a tad better after all that hard work and fun...!!

Sally said...

Great pumpkins - love what you all did with them. Make me wish we celebrated halloween a bit more over here. It kind of goes by the by! But hey, got a halloween scrapping do to attend this Fri, fancy dress and all!!

Bridgett Owens said...

Oh my gosh! I think that story of the dancing and music is just so hysterical! You must have the best time together!! I love that you carved pumpkins and had such a great time even when you felt so bad!!! You look great, though!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Related Posts with Thumbnails