Monday, January 21, 2013

The not so perfect Christmas

Not sure if I mentioned I work in retail. Not just in retail but in one of the biggest toy companies around. Thanksgiving week I chose to work overnights instead of during the day and that my friends is what caused me to stop blogging longer then I intended. If I wasn't working, I was sleeping, if I wasn't doing either of those I was spending time with my family because I hardly ever saw them.
 
 
This year I didn't plan ahead and I had no Christmas cards made. I opted for the bought card route until my dad mentioned that he looks forward to getting my homemade cards every year as they are unique and no one has one just like it. OH way to lay THAT guilt on dad. Of course I settled down to make him  his card...


I decided on using his favorite teams colors for the tree décor and background. I think I pulled it off...maybe? I was honestly too sleep deprived to really focus.

Then I had to make Cynthia one because when she heard dad was getting one made she wasn't having that non sense so I made hers a short simple one as well. She loves green so I think it came out pretty cute.
 
Sad but yes the only cards I made this holiday season. I think I will plan ahead this year and start making them now so when I work over nights next year this won't be an issue. 
 
Photobucket

3 comments:

Denice said...

Only 2 cards?!! Retail will do that to you, especially toy store retail. Sounds like the 2 you were able to make were well appreciated!
:Dxx

Queenie Jeannie said...

I didn't get a Christina card!!!! *sad face* I'm going to have to have TWO next year...deal??

Did you get mine?

Bridgett Owens said...

I created Christmas cards online and mailed a lot of them...but not all of them. I made some cards but not a lot. I would get started right now but I need to wait until my room is finished!!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails