Monday, August 9, 2010

Tuneful Tuesday

This is about my first love. He was my world. I would do anything for him. He was the son of one of my dad's best friends. We attended different schools because we lived in different areas in Las Vegas.
This was the song for the homecoming dance he attended with me in Sept.1989. Shortly after, I go the news we would be moving on post and we would be attending the same high school, I was so excited. He broke up with me a week before the move. No reason just it's over. When I got to the new school I found out why. He already had a girlfriend there. This was also my first lesson in how awful some guys could be.
I never stopped caring for him though. Sadly on Aug 12th 1990 he was shot in a gang related incident and died. It has been hard on me because of his dad and my dad being friends. Every special occasion from my graduation to the birth of my children was marked with You should be standing next to Chris (yes I know ironic).
In honor of his memory this week's song is dedicated to him. It has been 20 years and he is still in my thoughts and heart.
Chris I forgive you the pain you caused my young heart and I hope to see you again in the kingdom of heaven just so I can hug you again and tell you so.



Photobucket

2 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ahh! First loves are always so damn hard. Hugs to you honey!!

Bridgett Owens said...

Great song and memory! They say you never forget your first love...

Related Posts with Thumbnails