Monday, June 21, 2010

Tuneful Tuesday

I have always struggled to be a "hip fashionista", even though I started trying in the 8th grade. With the exception of my Jr. year of high school. I didn't leave the house without being made up. I think my ex boyfriend had something to do with that though. Then he left to move to another state and I had a long period of confusion about where I fit in. I was still trying and dating a hip hop, boyband loving kinda guy. Then the grunge movement came out with Nirvana. I loved everything about it. The chaos, the clothes , the I don't care what you think of me attitude. I found my home. I found ME. Yes I started to dress a little odd and my music taste changed dramatically. I officially became weird. Needless to say I lost that boyfriend. I didn't care though. I don't cry when famous people die, but the day we lost Kurt Cobain my heart ripped wide open. ( ok I admit I cried when we lost Christpher Reeves too.) I will always thank Nirvana for starting a movement that let me be me. Sure I am still more comfortable in a elmo tee shirt , jeans , and a ponytail at my age but you know what? That's ok. I am just that weird mom who takes in all in stride.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh. Yeah. Grunge.

Not my thing, but that's OK!! I love you and if you're weird in your ways then you will allow me to be weird in mine, lol!

Thanks for allowing me to talk this morning while I dug through all my crapola. I have been very productive!!! Which would have been great if I had started a couple of weeks ago. UGH!!!!! I will never learn...

Bridgett Owens said...

I think it is great that we can constantly change who we are and what we are based on our circumstances and feelings. I think back to when I was younger and how many "phases" I went through trying to figure out who I am and it is always changing! I think that is a good thing! LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails