Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Whip it up Wednesday

I am becoming one of the most spoiled women on the planet, fast. You see until recently I have done ALL the cooking in my house. Every bit of it.
My husband isn't a guy's guy who is a whiz at the BBQ. Nope I bought him a man book to learn to use the grill. He likes it so much he is grilling every weekend now. My daughter's have shown an interest in cooking and baking. So they have been scouring the libraries for kids cook books.
So today I am sharing a great older kids can cook recipe that my daughter made for breakfast Monday morning. She even got up an hour earlier just so she could. (Gotta take advantage of this while I can.) And Look I even got a picture~
Banana Bread

1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
3 med. bananas
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. flour
1 c. walnuts, optional

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly butter or spray bottom and sides if 9 inch loaf pan.

Place butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer on low for 1 min, add eggs and mix for 1 min. Add bananas and mix 1 min, the batter will be lumpy but banana pieces should be no bigger then 1/2 inch.

Add baking soda and salt and mix on low setting. Add flour and mix for 1 min, making sure to get sides and bottom of the bowl. Add walnuts stir in with spoon.

Pour batter into a loaf pan and bake 15 min. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 45 min or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Remove bread from pan and place on cooling rack. If you let it cool in the pan bottom becomes soggy.

There you have it, something easy tweens can make on thier own and something younger kids just need help measuring. And yummy to boot.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

That banana bread looks AWESOME!! That is one thing I can't make. I don't know WHY I can't make it, but honestly, every time I try it doesn't turn out edible!!

Bravo to Darling Daughter!

Kathy W said...

whoohoo enjoy while it last- maybe you will get a whole mother day of cooking while you relax

Bridgett Owens said...

Yay for you! Let them cook and you can just enjoy it! LOL

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am going to see if Kadesia might want to make that. I am excited!

Bridgett Owens said...

Yay for you! Let them cook and you can just enjoy it! LOL

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am going to see if Kadesia might want to make that. I am excited!

Related Posts with Thumbnails