Sunday, December 27, 2009

Word of the year



Last year I embarked on a word for the year journey in which I had read about through my scrapbook magazines.
The project is to choose a word and live it, breath it, believe it through the year.
Well I picked faith, and I tell you when all things failed I turned to that word and discovered I can find faith in everything.
Well on YaYa's blog today she is doing the same thing and with her struggle with infertility and adoption process she chose a wonderful word for herself.
This year I choose

forgive.

I have struggled with a lot of self issues that I thought I was over until something triggered it last week. I honestly could not stop crying or "get over it". Thinking of it right now even is like opening a huge hole in my chest.
Have you read the Twilight books? The best way to describe it is the same way Bella felt when Edward left.
There is no escaping it.
Yes it has even triggered suicidal thoughts in the past.
But I realize that until I can forgive the people who caused this pai
n and
feelings of being unworthy I will never get over it.
SO I hope to get the strength to forgive even if I can not totally forget because in forgiveness we truly can begin to feel again.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Christina,
And great word.
It is hard to forgive. But forgiving is a necessary step toward happiness.

I was sexually abused throughout childhood and for years I held this nasty, negative energy inside of me. Within the last year I chose to forgive. I will never forget and in forgiving, I am not saying that behavior was "ok". But I just needed to accept that this happened, and I forgive, so that I could move on without this grudge weighing on me.
I pray you are able to overcome what is causing you such a struggle.

Bridgett Owens said...

This is so, so, so TRUE! It's extremely hard but to give yourself back the power is not just in forgiving fully but also having the power back to move forward with your life and your friendships and to love again in ways you have refused! You will be free and I know it but it will take time! I am praying for you...for strength!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hugs honey!! This is a great word and I know it will empower you!

StylinMom said...

what a great word to live by and stive for this year...I wish you the strenght to work through you "word"!

m:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails