Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Scripture challenge week 47 - Thankful


The economy is sucks , money is tight, people are losing jobs left and right ..it seems terribly hard to be thankful right now. There is , however always something to have thanks for, God's love and your relationship with Him. That is one thing that NO ONE can take from you. When I start to feel like I am not happy, I stop and look around. I write down everything I am thankful for. Then I raise that thanks up to God and thank Him for blessing me beyond what I may deserve.
I remember hearing Oprah state years ago that every night she writes down 5 things she is Thankful for that day. I think that is awesome. It will definitely open up your eyes to what you ARE blessed with. Pretty soon you might be wondering why you were sad to begin with...


Photobucket

5 comments:

Kathy W said...

so true, we are truly blessed

Queenie Jeannie said...

You are blessed and a blessing to others! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Denice said...

Our blessings are abundant, it doesn't take much to find them and be thankful for them!

Hugs to you on this wonderful and joyous day!

Bridgett Owens said...

You are right...with the loss of loved ones, Paul being out of work for the better part of the year, struggling to make ends meet, it gets tough...REAL tough to be thankful, but this is the perfect time to give thanks! My kids are watching. Others are looking to me to see how I will react and the best thing to make the hard times easier is to have an attitude of gratitude! Great reminder!!! I am thankful for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails