Saturday, October 3, 2009

Card sharing sunday

Well it's that time again for card sharing Sunday. I actually managed a few cards this week. First let's start with the mojo monday card. Here is the sketch...
And here is my take on it ...

I said it once this week I am not ready to work on Christmas just yet. I feel like it was just Valentines day! Most of my cards are Halloween this week. I can't wait to mail these off with some goodies.
Anyway as you can see I left off the bow. I didn't think it fit here at all. But I love how it came out.

Next is the Macrabe Monday Challenge over at Haunted Design House. This week was Menacing Movables. Now before we get to it, I just have to say that card making after mojo monday this week was not with me. Nothing wanted to work right for me. Well at least I started strong on the Macrabe Monday Challenge because I threw in the towel this week. I tried a shaker card first..bad bad bad idea. Its so ugly even Chris didn't like it. LOL WOW!
But after discussing my lack of enthusiasm with Bridgett
she suggested I try this tutorial by Dawn.


As you can see it is a viewfinder card. You turn the card stock on the right to change the images on the left. I found this one challenging and boy I can see way environmentalists dislike paper crafters now. My recycling bin is ridiculous.


Last but not least is my SBS group swap. This weeks theme was nature. I saw this first from my friend Amber. And then Bridgett showed it to me on Splitcoast but I can't find the link so it's not an original idea so if you know whose it is let me know so I can give them the kudos for it. Reminds me of a bouqet of flowers. Loved it. Perfect end to the weekend so pretty...lol well not Halloween anyway.


<span class=Photobucket" border="0">

6 comments:

Unknown said...

All these cards are stunning, love the spooky ones

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that viewfinder card is so cool!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I love ALL your cards, as always!!! I haven't tried a viewfinder card yet. You are THE BOMB!!!

And no, I don't believe you made an ugly card! Not for one second!!!!!

Barb said...

Great cards, Christina! I've never done the viewfinder before, but yours is inspiring :) Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

Bridgett Owens said...

You rocked out these challenges! I love all the cards!!!! Miss you!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Denice said...

I'm hanging my head in shame because I haven't been a very good stalker lately! LOL!

I love all your cards, especially the moveable one...very cool! But if you're saying it's complicated, I'm going to give it a pass, time is too precious this week to blow it in wasted paper (which is exactly what I would do!) TFS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails