Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Scripture Challenge week 37- fear


One of my favorite scriptures is Be still and know that I am God. When are we ever just still? No TV, No radio, just us breathing and God. We fear being still. Some fears are rational and are there to keep us safe, others well not so much. But they aren't going to go away and the more you can face them being still a moment before that "plunge" and you pray and KNOW that the Lord is beside you the more we can accomplish.
LOL it brings to mind a veggietales episode. Jr. asparagus is watching a scary movie before bed. When he's in bed and seeing eyes peering at him he gets a visit from spaceman larry and bob. They then go into a song about how God is bigger then the boogieman. Well here let them sing to you to help chase away the fear! Enjoy!


Photobucket

4 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

wow, i really need to hear that scripture today so thanks for sharing. how are you? i missed you!

Kathy W said...

great scripture and a funny, hehehe

Bridgett Owens said...

What a great little video! I downloaded it and can't wait to show it to Kadesia and Javan! This is a great way to teach children not to fear! I love Veggie Tales!!

Your scrapbook page is great and I agree...we all need to be still more often. My favorite part of driving down to my new job *smiles* is the peace and quiet. It's just me and God mile after mile and I love talking to Him, admiring His awesome creation and listening for His still small voice!

Thanks for sharing this!

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOL!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails