Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Scripture Challenge week 33- Heart


When I started out to do this weeks word I wanted it to come out hopeful and uplifting. I prayed that God guide me in what I should share. But for me this weeks word was more of a proverbial mirror so to speak. Have you ever meet someone and yes they were nice and put together upon meeting them, but you hear a voice saying stay away? You ignore it thinking you are over reacting , but then as the relationship progresses you realize something about that person? Maybe they are truly miserable therefore gossip about everyone else. Maybe they think the world loves them but at the first criticism they become mean and spiteful. They are reflecting what is in their heart.
This raises some concern for me. I am often depressed , feel lonely and often truly unwanted. I know better. I do know my life is filled with people who love me, admire me, and really want me to be happy. So where does this come from? Are God and Satan in a battle for my heart? If so is Satan winning that I am feeling like this all the time? So these scriptures really spoke to me about my personal feelings and what I may be reflecting to the world but the one scripture that is on there gives me hope is ...
Psalm 51:10
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Amber said...

wonderful page and great scripture and powerful words you did a great job on it !

Denice said...

I think you have a wonderful heart!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Beautiful!

We need to get you some terrific, daily, POSITIVE affirmations. Something to say everyday to jumpstart those good vibes!

HUGS!

Bridgett Owens said...

This is fabulous! I love seeing how God is working things out for you and your growing so strong! Your roots are growing deep and you're really getting grounded in the word. I love the last scripture you shared so much because that should be every Christian's prayer every single day!
Big Hugs,
Bridgett

Kathy W said...

cool page!

Anonymous said...

Wow what an awesome page.

Drahdrah said...

I got here though Yaya's blog, and I'm glad I did. I too am struggling alot with negative feelings, and this Psalm is exactly what I need to pray for. Thank you ! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails