Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Scripture challenge 26 -tongue

Psalm 71:24 (New International Version)
24 My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day long,

for those who wanted to harm me have been put to shame and confusion.

Psalm 119:172 (New International Version)
172 May my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous.


Psalm 52:2 (New International Version)
2 Your tongue plots destruction; it is like a sharpened razor, you who practice deceit.



Proverbs 12:18 (New International Version)
18 Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.



It is ludicris how much damage such a small muscle can cause. I know I slip up and say things I know I shouldn't or know that I will regret it later. We can build someone up in a second and cause much more damage then nessecary the next. I think we all need a lesson in if you wouldn't say it with the person standing there next to you it probably doesn't need to be said. And when you do slip up ask for forgiveness. Own up to what you said. I know the times I have done it it makes my relationships stronger. They may not be happy with what I said but I have been forgiven more then once.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

You are so sweet - I can't imagine your tongue getting out of hand!!! Now me? Yikes!!!

Unknown said...

this is a good take on the challenge, and your thoughts made me think

Anonymous said...

I used to have more of "temper", or less patience, and then I realized that I need to step back and evaluate before speaking sometimes. Like if the kids I nanny for ask if they can do something I used to reflexively say 'no' without thinking and now I think 'ok, can they do this?' and more often than not the answer is yes.

Bridgett Owens said...

I try really hard to control my tongue but my mouth definitely gets me into trouble at times. The older I get, the more I do pause to think about what I am going to say but I still mess up! I am glad forgiveness abounds!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Related Posts with Thumbnails