Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Scripture challenge 25 -Holy

Isaiah 6:3 (New International Version)
3 ... "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."


Revelation 15:4 (New International Version)
4Who will not fear you, O Lord, and bring glory to your name?

For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed."


Max Lucado states “The word hallowed comes from the word ‘holy,’ and the word ‘holy’ means ‘to separate.’ The ancestry of the term can be traced back to an ancient word which means ‘to cut.’ To be holy, then, is to be a cut above the norm, superior, extraordinary. . . The Holy One dwells on a different level from the rest of us. What frightens us does not frighten Him. What troubles us does not trouble Him. When you set your eyes on our God, you focus on one ‘a cut above’ any storm life may bring.”

Astounding isn't it? To stand in His holy presense is to stand in front of perfection. But perfection so beautiful you do not envy it, or covet it , you are just happy being there. I couldn't have put it better myself.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Lovely! Simply lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like that background paper.

Bridgett Owens said...

Awesome design...love the flourishes and LOVE THIS PAGE! I am working on mine. I have all my scriptures just gotta finish it and post it! Your page is awesome and the excerpt from Max Lucado is awe-inspiring! It's so exciting!!! I can hardly wait to stand before God in all His majesty and glory and HOLINESS! What a pleasure it will be to lay my crown of righteousness at His feet as I proclaim, HOLY, HOLY, HOLY! The LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! WHO WAS, AND IS, AND IS TO COME!

Related Posts with Thumbnails