Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ok this happened so fast my head is spinning

OK so for a few months my husband and I have been wrestling back and forth about whether or not to move on post. Well we had a small finacial snafu and it would save us money if we did so hubby went and put our name on the waiting list at the end of April. It was a 60 day wait. Well our number kept getting lower and lower on the list and I was thinking wow we wanted to move to save the money on the hot summer electric bills. At this rate summer will be over, we like this house, so we may as well stick it out here.
So we decide not to move...till they call hubby on Monday. He was like let's see it before we make a final decision. OK so we go , but ohh they don't have a house for us quite yet but we had paper work that needed to be filled out at the main office before it went to the individual village offices. Ya makes no sense to me either but whatever. The lady behind the desk o OZ said we might have something at the end of the month. OK so hubby says let,s still just wait to see it. OK OK .
Later that afternoon like literally 2 hours( and phone calls to mom and dad about whether or not we can or can not go to Arkansas , but that is another story in and of itself) They call and tell us we can have you in a house by the weekend......UMMM WHAT?
Yes it may not be the area we told you but you can move in this weekend. Thank you ohh powerful wizard of Oz we really need this.
My heart is in my stomach praying this is the best decision for me and my family. I don't want to move , but it could be a blessing.
So just to let everyone know if my posts are sparatic , it's because we are moving and transfering our internet. I know as soon as we have keys my hubby and I will not be able to resist moving stuff in. Question is where we will start? So depending on what gets moved first will be the deciding factor on if I have craft stuff to share. So pardon my dust while I renovate! And please wish me all the lucj and send all the prayers you can about our decision. I think I will be struggling with this one for awhile!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that did happen fast. Good luck w/ the move!

PaperAddictJenn said...

Wow--congratulations! You'll be moved before you know it.

Kathy W said...

good luck and God Bless!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Move you in this weekend???? How on earth is transportation gonna move that fast? AND...if you are going from OFF post to ON post - they move you!! Don't let 'em tell you any different and get screwed, ok??

Just know that as soon as you sign, then you start paying rent then too. And it's some screwy formula that makes zero logical sense. Fair warning. Not stressing about A/C in the summer is nice though. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 103* and about 90% humidity. OY!!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

And call me if you need to de-stress!!

Bridgett Owens said...

Well I am excited for you and I am praying that you get the peace you long for about this move. I am glad things are happening so quickly for you and I hope it is a smooth transition! I left you a little something on my blog so I hope you like it! http://hoosierstamper.blogspot.com/2009/06/honest-scrap.html
Hugs,
Bridgett

kc_froglady said...

That is great they found you housing so soon! A surprise and sudden but wonderful that it worked out for you. Be safe and hope the move goes smoothly!

Queenie Jeannie said...

What's going on??? I can't wait to hear how all this plays out!!!

Denice said...

You need to update! And I'm giving you the perfect reason to, you just need to hop over to my blog and find where I mentioned your name and pick up your little "giftie"! But it can wait until all the dust settles and you're relaxing in your new home!

Queenie Jeannie said...

How's it going???

Unknown said...

Wow this is Exciting for you all, it will be hard work getting everything packed up ready for the move, but worth it in the end,
deep breaths help at the stressfull times

Related Posts with Thumbnails